Prologue

Set 8 years ago

(Crystal's POV)

I emerge from my beds sheets, groaning as I get up and make my way to the door, and as I open it, I was slightly surprised to see who was standing in front of it.

It was none other than Volt Allen, my best friend, who greeted me with a warm smile. "G-Good morning Crys." He said, before giving me a hug. I looked at him with a confused glance. "W-What are you doing here V-Volt." I asked, a little annoyed the Eevee had to see me like this. "I was just waiting for you cause I have a surprise for you~" My ears perked up. "Surprise?"

The Eevee gave me a nod. "Yep, so get ready cause today's gonna be a amazing day!" He exclaimed, causing me to giggle. Even since I've know him, he's always looking for adventure and having fun, that's why I love him.

As I finished getting ready, I grab something from the kitchen, wave goodbye to my parents, and we start heading off to where Volt's 'surprise' is. "So where is this Surprise exactly?"

"Be patient Crys, your almost as bad as Pyro." He said with a smile, causing me to puff my cheeks in frustration. "I a-am patient! I-I just wanna know where it is." I said, quieting my tone towards the end, with the Eevee beside me letting a chuckle. "What's so funny Volt!?"

"Oh, it's just cause your so cute when your flustered." He said, causing me to blush a deep red. "W-What, no I'm not!?" I said, before letting out a sigh. "Can you just tell me, please?" I said, giving Volt the cutest eyes I could.

"Okay, okay, you know I could never resist those eyes. It's up at the Lighthouse, now let's go!" Volt said with enthusiasm, causing me to smirk at his antics. "Volt, slow down!" I said, as the Eevee was running at some speed, causing me to nearly trip up in trying to catch up to him. He stopped, clearly hearing my cry for him to stop and looked back at me with a frown. "I'm sorry Crys, I'll try to slower." He said, before dashing off again, at a slower pace than before.

As we arrived at the lighthouse, I stopped for a minute and panted like crazy. "H-How *pant* did you get *pant* that fast!?" I said, with the Eevee shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know, guess I'm just naturally gifted." He said, with a wink, causing me to smirk. "Your such a dummy Volt." I jokingly said, playfully punching his arms.

"Anyways, let's go inside, your surprise will be at the very top of the lighthouse." Volt said, as I let out a long sigh. "You couldn't of just given it to me at my house!?" I said, a hint of sarcasm in my tone as the Eevee looked on with a smirk. "That would to simple, I wanna have fun!" He said, as I let out a giggle. "Of course you do."

We entered the Lighthouse and was greeted by a Ampharos, who greeted us with a warm smile. "Hello there, what brings you two to the Lilycove Lighthouse?" He said, with Volt replying almost instantly. "We're just heading up to the top, there's a little surprise up there for this lucky gal." Giving the Ampharos a wink.

"Ah I see, are you two a couple or something?" He questioned Volt and I, causing the two of us to blush a bright red, with Volt instantly waving away his comment. "Oh no no no, w-we're just best friends." The Eevee nervously said, with the Ampharos giving the two of us a sceptical glance, before returning to a more joyful expression. "Okay then, you two have fun up there." He said, as the two of us started walking up the stairs. 'What a weirdo!'

"Um Crys." Volt said, as we continued up the flight of stairs. "Yeah Volt, what's up?" I said, with the Eevee stopping in his tracks, giving me an upsetting look. "What's w-wrong Volt?"

"I just... don't know if you'll enjoy the surprise, thinking about it now. It's a major step up in your life and I don't know if you'll wanna go through with it now." Volt said, a look of confusion plastered on my face. 'What is he talking about, major step u-' I then realised what he meant.