1.5

she was wrapped in her blanket like a burrito. a crying burrito. she let out sob after sob and tear after tear. her head was pounding but it was nothing compared to the pain she felt in her heart (author: that's the cringiest thing i have ever written and it somewhat reminds me of: the angels and demons in my heart are fighting and the demons are winning. something along the lines of that)

her curtains were drawn and as the sun had began to set, there was little to no light inside her room. even her fairy lights which were always turned on were turned off. one would think the room belonged to a vampire and the smallest ray of light would kill the person residing inside.

but no, the room belonged to kim eunha.

she heard her door open and close followed by a sigh. then she felt weight on the space next to her on the bed

"go away, jungwoo" she croaked
"at least tell me why you're crying" her brother pleaded and tried to take the blanket off of her

"it's so cold in here, geez. at least turn on the heater" he said and grabbed the remote on the nightstand, turning the convertor himself before turning back to his sister

"now tell me what's up or else I'll sell your telescope."

this.
this alarmed the girl and she sat up but threw herself in jungwoo's arms for comfort. the boy hugged her back and hummed, signaling her to start ranting.

"it's renjun. i have a big fat crush on him" she said
"I'm glad you noticed" he joked
"but he likes someone else"
"oh"

there was a silence between the siblings before eunha sighed and continued
"i like him so much.. i don't know if i can just.. move on from him so easily. of course, i want to see him happy but.. i don't know. i feel selfish for wanting him to myself."

"eunha, you're not being selfish. if anything, you're being selfless. if you were selfish in this situation, you would've taken extreme measures to make sure that he only looks at you. but look at you, you're letting him do what he wants."

eunha sighed, "jungwoo, i think i love him"

"then what's wrong with that?"

"isn't it wrong to love someone who doesn't love you back?"
"eun, it's not wrong to love someone. you've known renjun since what? when you were 10? and now you guys are 20. the thing you're doing is loving him, not forcing him to love you back. if you'd done that, then that'd be wrong. instead, you're only loving, which just happens naturally."

eunha pulled back from the hug and offered her brother a weak smile," never knew you had it in you to cheer me u-p" she said, her voice cracking at the last word as she had just cried

"u-p" jungwoo imitated
"shut up."
he smiled at the reaction, "that's the real eunha. now before mum and dad see you, can you wash your face? no no, just take a shower. you stink"
"i hate you"
"i love you too. now go!! you really do stink!"

✈︎

the constant dings from her phone woke eunha up and she groaned. she checked the time first and widened her eyes.

it was 1 pm. thank god it was Saturday, though.

eunha and jungwoo had stayed up all night re-watching the first half of the mcu movies and had slept in the morning. their parents didn't question it, being used to their kids doing, quote, "stupid things all youngsters do"

she then remembered the notification bells from her phone and she read through the messages, all from one person

<picasso3