Chapter 4

"There's nothing in the fridge." Ciel clicked her tongue in disapproval. The fridge was empty except for a few cans of beer.

Rimuru laughed awkwardly, "You know I don't really cook. The few dishes I was able to make in the past were all because you guided me. How about we order pizza? You can choose as many toppings as you want."

"Fine." Ciel used the landline to order pizza before joining Rimuru and her human counterpart in the lounge. She changed to her red slime form and hopped onto his lap.

"You like this form huh?" Rimuru asked, pulling her close to his chest. No wonder Shion and Shuna liked to hold him. It was soft and somehow comforting the way a slime body could mould to your own.

Ciel cuddled closer in response.

The doorbell sounded.

Rimuru and Ciel could hear muffled voices on the other side.

It was his otherworlder self, or 'Satoru', and it looks like he brought Tamura with him.

This should be interesting. Satoru had no idea what had happened between Rimuru and Ciel since they weren't synced. Perhaps Rimuru should play a prank on himself?

"Could you answer the door?" Rimuru asked human Ciel.

Ciel instantly understood that he wanted to have a little fun at his own expense. Jeez, this husband of hers. Well, if that's what he wants, Ciel could have her own fun too.

.•° ✿ °•.

Satoru had just told Tamura his story about being reincarnated as a Slime. 

Albeit a very summarized version of the events and he left out details that would be too hard to describe. He ended his story by explaining that he travelled back in time to this world in order to save himself so he could experience living this life until he died of old age.

Tamura had a very complicated expression on his face. "Senpai, it's not that I don't want to believe you. There was so much blood and I'm sure I saw you die. And then, miraculously that beautiful woman came and healed you. You're fully healed and there's not even a scar left behind. I can sort of believe she was you. But, being reincarnated as a Slime? It's too much like a fantasy novel. You're not trying to prank me right?"

"It's real. It's real."

Tamura still eyed him suspiciously.

Come on, Satoru liked to prank his friends but he wasn't that bad, okay?

Satoru sighed. "Look, I'm not crazy nor am I trying to fool you. Believe what you want. I really did reincarnate as a Slime."

"Alright, I'll believe you Senpai. By the way, do you need a ride home? Your car is still parked at work isn't it? That's pretty far from the hospital."

"Yeah. If it's not too inconvenient, please give me a ride home."

"It's the least I can do. You did save my life. If you ever need anything, call me."

Satoru called for the Nurse so that he could be released. After another quick checkup from the doctor to make sure that he was really fine and that no he did not need to stay overnight for observation, thank you, he got into Tamura's car and left.

On the drive home Satoru stared out the car window at the familiar scenery of Fukuoka City. He thought he might feel relief at being back in his old world. Instead, all he felt was... homesickness.

It was good to be back but as expected, his heart was still in Tempest.

Satoru leaned back in his seat, "I forgot how tired humans get. Is everything okay at work? You're not in trouble for being here right?" It was well past their designated lunch break after all.