Chapter 3

Natalia rode alongside of Aleksander. Each on their own black horse. When they arrived in Kribirsk, the people were stunned. At first they didn't know who the girl in the black kefta was, but then they saw the shadows trialing behind her like a wedding veil. 

They dismounted and The General walked next to the girl. 

They went into a black tent. 

Soon guards brought Alina Starkov inside the tent. She looked tired and worried. 

She recognized Natalia. 

"Well?" Aleksander asked. 

"Well what? Sir." Alina said. She looked confused. 

"What are you?"

"Alina Starkov, Assistant Cartographer, Royal Corps of Surveyors"

(AN thank you Inkwinds for giving me that info in the comments<33)

"I'll ask once more, what are you?"

"A mapmaker sir." Everyone laughed. Alina looked so confused. Natalia shut them all up with one glance. 

Natalia watched Aleksander test her and gasped at the light show. 

Then Alina was sent to the carriage and the tent emptied. She'd barely turned to Aleksander when he picked her up in a hug. 

"Esje true! I told you!" She said with a grin. 

"It wasn't you I doubted, darling." 

"I can't believe Alina is the Sun Summoner!" 

"You know her?"

"Orphanage remember?"

"We tested-"

"I told you of 2 children running off."

"Ahh yes."

She laughed. She was still in his arms. 

Finally, everything was going into place. 

..........

Natalia quickly dismounted and sent the cut towards the Fjerdan hovering over Alina with a hatchet. He died and his blood splattered on Alina's face. Natalia ran towards her. 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" She asked and helped her sit up. 

"I think I'm alright." Natalia pulled her to her feet as Aleksander came to the,.

"The others will have fled now that they know we are here. But we still must hurry. Are you alright Ms. Starkov?"

"Yes...sir"

He smiled a tad. 

"Nicely done Natalia."

"Of course. Come on this way Alina. You will ride my horse." Alina smiled gratefully at her.

Natalia took Alina to her horse, Shadow and helped her mount. 

"We are about 2 days ride from Os Alta, we will stop and rest later." Natalia told Alina. 

Then she turned to Aleksander who was already on Crow. He extended a hand and pulled her on the saddle in front of him. 

Then they set off. 

A Few Hours Later.

"Can we stop? My tailbone is killing me." Alina said. 

"Of course." Natalia said before Aleksander could object.

Alina sighed in relief and dismounted. 

"What happened back there?" 

"Drüskelle, Ellie members of the Fjerdan army trained to kidnap and kill Grisha." Natalia said calmly. 

"I meant how you sliced a man in half from a dozen paces."

"Would you rather she used a sword?" Aleksander asked. Natalia flicked him with her finger. 

"That's not what she meant, the cut is something only a summoner can do. It requires extreme skill and patience, it is deadly. Something I only use as a last resort-"

"Like that ambush." Aleksander interjected. 

"Is this my life now? Hunted wherever I go?" 

"You get used to it." Aleksander and Natalia said in unison.

Alina argued some with Aleksander before they mounted and rode off. 

*editedish?* 

Sorry it's so short.