Chapter 10

4 weeks had passed since their 4 am ride and

Natalia decided that she and Aleksander needed to go on a trip. She was tired of being stuck in the Little Palace every single day.

And there was only one problem. 

Convincing Aleksander to go. 

"Oh come on! Please!! It will be fun Aleks!" Natalia begged. 

"I have duties Natalia, I can't just leave to go on a vacation with you."

He told her.

"But you're the General! You literally can!" She complained. He sat in the war room going over strategy's and  what not. He refused to look at her.

"I'm sorry, Lia, I really am. But I have responsibilities."

Natalia knew she was being dramatic, but Aleksander never spent time with her anymore. He was always working. 

"Fine then." She turned on her heel and left ignoring his calls after her. 

.......................................

"Where is Natalia? I have not seen her all day." Aleksander asked Ivan. Ivan looked at him wide eyed.

"Sir, she is gone. She took her horse and rode away from Os Alta. She said something about going on vacation alone if no one wanted to go with her." Ivan said slightly nervous. 

Aleksander rolled his eyes. 

"Of course, she did, but I-We need her back here, She needs to help with the training of the Sun Summoner-" Aleksander stopped talking as a black horse came barreling across the lawn. The saddle hanging off by a loose string of rope and the horse was bloody. But it wasn't it's own blood.

"Whoa... there easy. This is Natalia's horse Ivan. Prepare the guards." Aleksander said angrily. 

..................................................

Natalia knew Aleksander would be angry with her. Angry with her for leaving without telling anyone, without telling him. 

And now she'd just killed at least 10 Fjerdans and lost her horse. Now Aleksander would be worried. 

That was her last thought before everything went black.