Love in the Ocean of Sleep

The bell rang, signalling the end of lessons.

Having woken up from his slumber a few minutes prior, Midoriya sighed contently and leaned against his cool pillow.

Despite his previous protests, he had felt better after a break, even though a constant ache still hummed through his head; Midoriya was grateful his head didn't feel as if it was about to burst though.

And on top of that...Midoriya silently treasured the time he was having with Kacchan; it felt...nice to be the one Kacchan cared about again.

To be special enough to be with him.

Izuku couldn't resist the urge to smile.

'Kacchan, and I civil...'

He had forgotten this surge of excitement at being by Kacchan's side, glowing alongside his sun, his light, his-

Abruptly, Uraraka's voice from a few weeks ago rang through his brain.

"I read in an article that most of the time, someone finds out they have a crush on someone when they think of the person a lot. Apparently , it can also be when they think of what it would be like with just the two of them together, and/or if they're just happy with the other's presence!"

Midoriya can feel his face burn up as realisation widens his eyes.

D-does he like Kacchan?

W-wait, an article can't define tha-

But Izuku recognises that his heart flutters whenever he sees those flaming eyes, lit with determination and the strive to be victorious.

How the scent of burnt caramel fills the air whenever fireworks light up the sky-

He used to be burn with th-

But wasn't Katsuki sorry? He was, that's what makes it different. What other explanation was there, when he had comforted him during dark nights, cooked him Katsudon when he craved for it, told him that he'd work hard until he was worthy of redemption.

There wasn't.

But... he's not perfect but he's perfect in all the good ways to me

'How could someone like him ever like me?'

-----

'How could someone like him ever like me?' Bakugou thought to himself, as he forced his eyes to remain off of Izuku's face.

Katsuki blushed softly and folded his arms as he pictured the grenette's floral scent, his fluffy viridant hair, his sparkling and emerald eyes..

Deku shone warmth everywhere, he was like the sun- my sun.

Katsuki glared at the wall, and looked away from the grenette in front of him.

Damnnit.. he liked Deku- there was no denying it.

God, it was hard to believe he was admitting it, even if it was to himself.

---

Without warning, Midoriya's dorm door burst open, distracting both males from their self-discoveries.

"Deku-kun, are you ok?! We haven't seen you since Bakugou carried you away and you looked dead!" Uraraka flailed, fretting over Midoriya as he laughed softly, and Katsuki muttered 'I had it covered, tch'.

"That was a little blunt, Uraraka-san. But I must agree! We were very worried for you Midoriya, and we are glad you are looking better!" Iida exclaimed, performing his iconic hand gestures.

"Hehe, thanks guys! B-but, I'm still sick and I wouldn't wan-t you getting infected, so I-I should wear a mask first..!" Midoriya said weakly, giving a wobbly smile. It felt so addicting to be shown love and care after so long of isolation.

"Nonsense! I don't care if I get sick, as long as I know you are alright!" Uraraka declared, putting a fist to her chest in an over-exaggerated gesture.

At this point, Ochaco shouldn't be surprised that Deku would put his own well-being behind her's and Iida's. It was almost insane how one person could be so sweet and selfless.

"Midoriya-kun, you need to take better care of yourself! I admire your will to improve, but over-training is not good for our bodies!" Tenya scolded softly, relief spread apparent on his face.

"I got it!" Midoriya smiled, slightly flustered, "Thanks you guys!"

"Now let the damn nerd get some rest, you extras!" Bakugou exasperated, ushering the both out.

Midoriya giggled at Bakugou's antics, as two of his closest friends exclaimed farewalls, and promises to return.

With that, the evening went on with every member of 1-A having went to check up on Midoriya, expressing concerns and wishes of fast recovery, as well as little gifts.

Aizawa had also been one of the first to go check-up on his Problem Child, and was relieved when the grenette had assured he would be back up and going into training with full force as soon as possible.

"You better not over-work yourself again Problem Child." Aizawa told him, receiving a bashful smile, "But I'm glad you're ok."

Midoriya smiled warmly at that, as Aizawa ruffled his silky curls.

-----

Eventually, the room was quiet once again, the comfortable silence appreciated by the both of them.

Midoriya was once again near the calming sensation of sleep, and that was when Bakugou heard something.

Something he would never forget.

Something which would blossom and grow into something beautiful.

"Mm, l-love you....Kacchan.." the boy said, before drifting into sleep.

A soft and rare smile appeared on Bakugou's pink-dusted face.

"I...love you too..."

----

A/N: And we are at the end of the original story! Good thing about this re-write, is that I am going to write a little bit more of this story!

Overall though, hope you're enjoying this re-write, and the little hints of Dadzawa there too! I would add Dadmight too...and maybe I will..^^

Anyways, have a Plus Ultra day/night and thanks for reading!