vi

You're sat at your desk with your hands either side of your face, fingers rubbing your temples to alleviate the throbbing in your head. The words and figures on the monitor in front of you are drifting in and out of focus, changing shape and size; blinking furiously isn't helping, and you've just about had it.

You shove yourself away from the desk, getting up and nearly losing your balance. You hear someone giggle, and you whip your head round, only causing yourself further inconvenience. You have to shut your eyes in order for your vision to stop swimming, the feeling of being on a rocky boat all too realistic.

Murmuring something to yourself about getting water, you stumble through the office, casually tripping over a paper bin and landing on your face. You scramble to your feet, and jog out before anyone can comment. It feels like you're moving at half your usual pace, forcing your whole body to move.

The never ending hallways don't help your spinning brain, winding corridors making your headache worse. Eventually, you push open the door to the bathroom and nearly sink to the floor and cry because of how good the cooler air feels on your burning skin. You prop yourself against the sink, running the tap and splashing yourself. With your head down, you can't see anything bar the sink, which is why you're startled by a click at the door and a pair of hands on your back.

"Fuck, Y/N," a sultry voice groans.

You look over your shoulder, turning around to face Stefani, who, as usual, is looking good enough to eat. She has once again appeared out of nowhere, and once again you feel a twinge in your gut that is partly fear and partly burning, uncontrollable lust.

"Stefani-"

She grabs your arm and slams you against the wall, pressing herself hard against your body. She licks her lips and brushes them over yours lightly. She smirks before hungrily kissing you, sucking your lips between her teeth and flicking her tongue tauntingly against yours when your mouth opens. She snakes her hand up and her fingers rub your nape, pushing your head impossibly closer. Sliding her tongue along your lower lip one final time, she pulls away. You let out a small whine.

"Y/N," she whispers in your ear, tracing your features with a soft smile which turns into a wicked grin in moments. "I know you want me..."

Stefani wedges a knee between your thighs roughly, her leg pressing to give you friction enough to feel how turned on she's actually made you. It makes you want to cry when she starts grinding into you. You tug at her hair, undoing the low knot it was pinned in. The platinum blonde hair falls out around her head, the strands tickling your cheek as she leans in and claims your lips again, a low moan escaping her.

*ೃ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ✧

"L/N! Have you been listening to anything I've said?"

You're being aggressively shaken awake by Harper, who you remember was stood talking at you before you fell asleep. But now you're faced with a particularly annoyed man who is giving you a death stare.

"I'm sorry... I didn't sleep well last night," you mumble, feebly picking up papers you had dislodged in your sleep. "How long was I..?"

"Only a minute, maybe longer. I was going through The Vulture's schedule; she's asked that you be part of her assistance team at this series of meetings and an event she's been invited to," Harper says, peering over the top of a document which he thrusts at you.

"Event?"

"Yes. It spans a few days: the first day there's a large board meeting, second gives her a chance to speak to some possible investors and new clients and the third, I believe, is a fancy soirée or something. It's probably a veiled way to entice the investors and clients."