Prologue

☾ ✩ ☽

☾ ✩ ☽

31st October 1981, Godrics Hollow.

The Lupin-Blacks were just about to leave the Potters cottage in Godric's Hollow, Remus and Sirius saying there farewells to Lily and James.

"Say goodbye to Lyra, Harry." Lily encouraged the one year old as he sat happily on her knee.

With no other words needed the James Potter replica hopped of his mothers knee and crawled towards Lyra, who was safely wrapped around her pa's leg after giving up trying to take the chocolate from his pocket, while he sat on the sofa. It was no secret that from a young age the girl had proven herself to be exceedingly bright. From speaking her first word at only 6 months to being able to remember specific details about anything useful to her, such as the exact pocket in her Pa's trousers where he kept an emergency Cadbury's. By 10 months she was now able to walk, talk enough for anyone to understand what she meant and had shown, despite her knack for mischief, that she possessed a heart of gold always looking out and caring for her family.

Wearing a grin identical to his fathers, the boy leaned towards her and planted a kiss on her cheek. Lyra simply sat there confused as James Potter let out a laugh and winked at his son, and Lily and Remus glanced at each other with knowing looks.

A handsome man with raven locks and a leather jacket to match saw the whole interaction from where he stood leaning on the door frame. Glaring at the little boy he crossed the living room and swooping up his daughter, who let out a slight squeal at the unexpected action.

"Watch it Prongslet. I may be your godfather but I won't hesitate to-" he was cut of by his best friend who swung around his shoulders.

"Relax Padfoot. Besides my boy's gotta start learning the ways of the Potter men soon."

"Hmph, not with my little star he's not." Sirius grumbled, while nuzzling his nose in Lyra's neck through her hazel head of hair, as the girl letting out a heart warming giggle.

"Dada!" she squealed, cheeks glowing pink with happiness.

Remus still sat on the sofa watching his husband and daughter taking in the moment, wondering how it was possible to love two people so much.

"Well you better watch it Potter. I won't have you corrupting our sweet innocent son. And your still sleeping on the sofa for what happened this morning." Lily said giving her husband a harsh glare.

Earlier that day, as it was Halloween, lily had been insistent that Harry dressed up. So she bought him a little pumpkin outfit to wear, safe to safe he loved it after he ran across the back yard in it refusing to take it off, with James hot on his tail. However, around ten minutes later Lily headed into the kitchen to make lunch and nearly had a heart attack when she looked out the window. James shot through the air on his broom holding an orange looking ball to his front. Naturally, when Lily found out the orange ball was their son it didn't end well.