Step One: Diapers?

Being called mom is one thing, but being a prepared mother is another. I still need to give these guys a bath and change their diapers. What can I do to replace disposable diapers?

"Wait, can I not just use cloth diapers instead."

Let's go see if I have some old unused cloth sheets to make it with. The storage room might have some old cloth for me to use as a temporary diaper. I take one last look at the babies to see if they are okay and start to make my way to the storage room downstairs.

Making my way towards the stairs I notice that it got a lot dustier in the hallway than I remember.

"Note to self, early spring cleaning."

I continue down the stair to the storage room to check my inventory. Keying in my access code and hand scan, I begin my search in the very well-organized unit. Walking towards the boxes labeled Cloth and Fabrics to see what can be used as reusable diapers. Looking through the box I find some soft cloth some are white in color while others are a soft blue and yellow.

"That will work. Now I just need a needle and thread along with some cotton to fill the diaper with."

Closing the container of cloth, I head over to the box containing the sewing kit. Removing the old box of supplies from the container sends me down memory lane.

Flashback~

"Hey B, look what I got you for best friend day."

As I look at my friend Kassie come running from upstairs in this old run-down apt. Kassie is an Afro-Latino girl with way too much energy for someone so small. We are both thirteen (13), but I stand at 5'4" while she's 4'5". The girl was short in my book but had curves that I would kill for.

"B are you listening to me?"

I focus on my friend's words thinking to myself what the heck is best friend day. I have never heard of this kind of holiday and who is my best friend.

"Yay, I hear you. What are you talking about? I don't remember any holiday on the calendar."

"That is because I made it our day! So here you go."

She hands me a gift wrapped in newspaper with a big smiley face on it. We might be poor, but the girl has stick fingers like me why didn't she just steal some wrapping paper or better yet a gift bag. Knowing her brain she probably forgot to grab some.

"Well, aren't you going to open it?"

She said to me while bouncing on the love set sofa. Sighing to myself while glaring at my friend, well I guess now my best friend. She always seems to show up with something or another when I'm trying to relax and read. Sighing once more I began to peel back the newspaper to reveal a beautiful silver and gold box with honey bees craved into it. It was a beautiful piece of artwork and I admired the craftsmanship of it. I open the box to see what was inside of it only to snort at the content.

"Really K, a sewing kit."

"What you need it. Do you know how much I hate mending your clothing? Now you can do it yourself."

"*Snort* Okay, sure K. Whatever you say."

"I mean it B. Start sewing your own stuff. Hey, are you listening to me?"

I tune her out I continue to read my book.

Flashback~End~

The box is old, but it still looks new. Shine it up a bit and it will shine like new money. I place the sewing box under my arm while closing the box back close. Locking the storge on my way out the door to head to my infirmary to see if I still have a large supply of cotton.

A/N: Giving you a little of Bianca's pass to help build character. You all know what to do Leave a Comment and Vote.