Unexpected visitor

Jinora's pov...

Once all the water evaporated the transformation has begun...

I Squealed a little and started twitching. I gasped for air and looked up. I slowly started screaming bloody murder. My fins were slowly fading away. I gasped every single minute, hoping my transformation could go any faster.  My Hands slowly transformed into regular hands. My tail  painfully split open causing me to scream for mercy. My shark fangs slowly turned back to normal, blending in with my regular teeth. My long nails slowly evaporated and my blue scales were turning into my human skin color.  Once the transformation was complete. I breathed and  groaned in overbearing pain and agony. I used the little strength i had to drag myself towards my clothes. The pain from transforming was so bad i needed rest. with the little strength i had I knew i wasn't going to make it. I didn't feel very well. I coughed a little but it didn't really bother me. I laid my head down on the floor and took a breather. After the transformation i was completely tired and needed rest and besides, my dad already heard me. I laid my head down on the cold, dry floor and sighed, slightly closing my eyes. My eyes weakly  reopened as the door  burst open to reveal mom, dad, uncle, and Grandma Katara. "oh sweety," Mom said, putting a towel over my nude body. I harshly breathed, legs feeling to numb to actually move them. " I coughed again, my siren voice along with it," Mom put her hand over my head. " She sounds sick," Mom said in a worried tone. I looked up as Grandma Katara squinted her eyes at my position. Dad sighed. " She must have the flu," dad assumed."  i'll take her to her room," Dad said, grabbing and extra towel to cover me up. Uncle cracked his knuckles. " ok ladies i need you both to stand back for a moment," he said, walking towards me.

I gasped as Uncle and dad both picked me up. Once they reached outside they gave me to the servants. The servants carried me away, towards my room. They were able to give me a air normat clothing. It was loose and a little big but not big to where it falls off, it was actually pretty comfortable. After a little help the only option was to at least lay down and get my strength back...

No one's pov...

After Tenzin and Bumi left with Jinora. Katara looked down at the shedded tail on the floor. She gave the shedded tail a small smile. She laughed a little. " She's already shedding," she added, touching the shedded tail. The tail dissolved in her hand, turning it into dark sand.  going through that faze is like going through puberty, even her tail stinger is getting a little bigger. Katara knew the more she grows the more painful her transformation is going to be in the future. Of course Jinora knew the risk of transforming. She knew it's life threatening at times like a Werewolf or a man growing wings behind his back. These are the cycles coming from a mermaid trying to live on land. Katara accepts Tenzin is trying to protect them from harm but don't you think swimming in the tank is a little too much? They have a full ocean circling their entire island...it wouldn't hurt to at least swim to further learn their culture. Katara walked out of the tank room, picking up on where Tenzin could be. 

  Tenzin on the other hand was out, staring at the ocean. " Tenzin," Katara said, walking towards him. He didn't take his eyes off of the ocean. As Katara gotten close she caught his glimpse and turned her head towards the ocean. " Tenzin-," she started. " Don't you think the ocean is beautiful?," she asked. He shook his head in agreement. " It's a pretty shade of blue," he slightly answered. " Don't you think it's safe for your kids to swim around the temple for a while?," she asked. He tensed up a bit. What kind of question was that? he slightly looked at her as she had a small smile on her face. He sighed. " Mom...now's not the time to talk about this subject," he sighed.  " Tenzin," Katara started. " I know you're trying your best to protect them from the world but putting them  in tanks isn't really a healthy solution...it's best you let them swim in fresh water everyday when they need to go back into the water," she explained. " Mom nothing's wrong with the water we have," Tenzin said. " We thought it was a good idea to when your father had problems like this," she explained.  " We rented a tank from the Beifong family," she added. " The water became old and his skin infection gotten worse, it even gotten to the point where he almost were stuck between human and fish," she said.

Tenzin sighed at the story she was telling him. " Don't you see Tenzin?," she asked. " the water is slowly becoming unhealthy, that's why Jinora couldn't stand and walk on her own," she said. " Unhealthy water could make them sick," she said. " I'm aware...mother," he said. " that's why i'm deciding to refill the tanks every month," he said. " Tenzin the tank itself is not safe...they need the ocean water, not the tank water," Katara said, getting a little annoyed by Tenzin's stubbornness.

As they both stared at the ocean it didn't take long to hear the sound of the of a mobile parking in front of the gates. He was confused on who it could be. But this is normal for Tenzin. He was always a bit skeptical of who's who and he wanted to make sure that whoever visit's wouldn't snoop around the temple to search for something that should never be found. He, along with his mother Katara walked towards the the gates where the mobile was parked.

The car doors opened the reveal Asami, Kya, and Korra. Tenzin knew Kya very well but he didn't know who the other two was supposed to be nor was he comfortable with them being here. After they walked out of the car Kya was the first to approach Tenzin and Katara. "Hello Tenzin and Mom.. This is my is my friend Asami. I'm sure you two have heard of her. Kya said with a soft smile on her face. "Yes...i'm aware," Tenzin said before approaching Asami and Korra. "Nice to meet you Ms Sato. It is a great honor to have you here on this...occasion," he say's, trying to show her great respect. " Thank you. It's nice meeting you too," she says as she stretched out her hand to shake. He shook her hand before Kya walked towards Korra. 

"And this is Korra...she's gonna be staying here with us," Kya said. Korra did seem a little shy but she have adjusted more to her communication skills. She watched Asami and and Tenzin shake hands and she knew she could do the same. She walked towards Tenzin and outstretched her hand, waiting for Tenzin to comply. "Korra," she say's with a calm smile on her face. "Nice to meet you," Tenzin say's softly as he slowly shook her hand. " Hello dear. It's so nice to meet you," Katara said softly as she gently held Korra's hand, giving off a loving aura. 

"Now, what was it about Korra staying?," Tenzin raised an eyebrow as he looked at Kya. "Tenzin she needs a place to stay. We don't have any other choice. besides...she can adapt here! She's very intelligent. She'll be of great help here," Kya say's softly. Tenzin looked at Korra for a split second before Katara finally answered. "Of course she can stay here. We are very helpful to the weary. And besides, if she has no place to stay it would  be a shame to put her in harms way. She can stay as long as she likes," Katara say's, causing Tenzin eyes to widened a little. " Mother-," "Tenzin will show her to her room and Ms Sato," she approached Asami. " I'd love for you to stay for dinner. It's an honor for you to stay," she said with a soft smile on her face. "Mother let's talk about-," "-of course. I'd love to stay for dinner," Asami said softly as Katara beamed at her approval.  It'll be wonderful. I can show you around so you all could learn a thing or two," Katara said as she held on to Asami's hand, leading them inside of the air temple.

Tenzin wanted to say something but he knew he couldn't. She was his mother and even with good intentions she still get's a bigger say than him. Without another word he sighed in defeat and followed behind them.

Alright that was the second...next update comes tomorrow...see ya :)