LXXX.

WILL

Another week has gone by and I still haven't talked to Leah. She's still hurt over the Kani situation and I can't blame her for that.

Each school day, I see her, but it's like she looks right through me, like I mean nothing to her anymore. Which sucks because she was the one to understand me the most. She was the one to always cheer me up and keep me on track. Without her, I feel lost and hopeless.

Yeah, I got the gang, but they can't fill the void that Leah left. No one can, but her. I feel myself slowly going back to my depressive state of mind because I honestly don't know what to do.

It was a Friday and school was over. I was getting my clothes out of my locker to work a shift at Jenny's, when I saw Leah at her locker alone. I thought this was my chance to speak to her.

I stuffed my clothes in my book bag and made my way towards her locker.

Just before I got there, I was stopped by Tasha.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked with her arms folded.

"I need to talk to Leah."

"She has nothing to say to your cheating ass."

"I get she's mad, but I need to talk to her." I tried to get by.

"No! You hurt my angel and she doesn't want to speak to you. You hurt her and I'll be damned if I'm going to let you just go and try and smooth it over with her with your lies."

"You messed up by fucking that trash, now you have to live with the fact that you lost the best thing you had. So, go before I beat your ass like I said I would." She added.

I looked at Leah as she just stood there by her locker. It looked like she wanted to say something, but no words ever came out.

That made me feel even worse and now I feel like I have no one.

I just walked away and made my way to the parking lot. Hopefully, I can just get this shift over with and go home.

—————————

I was halfway through my shift, when my manager walked up to me.

"Hey, Will are you okay? You've been looking down since you got here."

"Yeah, I'm straight. I just have some personal problems that I'm working on."

"If you need time off, just let me know."

"Actually, do you think it's possible to have this weekend off?"

"Yes, I can make that work. I'll go update your schedule in the system."

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it. You're a great worker here, so whatever I can do to help, I got you." she said with a smile before she walked to the back.

It was about time for my break, so I just sat in an empty booth and listened to music with my headphones and hoodie on. Out of nowhere, I got smacked upside my head.

"Ouch! What the fuck?! Who hit me-" I started as I looked up to see Danny and the twins standing there.

"Why are you just sitting here? Shouldn't you be working?" Danny asked, sitting next to me.

I took out my headphones. "I'm on break."

"Where were you for lunch today? We didn't see you? Danny said.

"I was in the gym. Coach let me shoot a few hoops."

"So, when did you eat?" Aiden asked.

"I ate in there. I brought lunch from home."

It wasn't true, but since the whole Leah thing, I haven't been able to eat. I haven't been able to do a lot. I can't eat or sleep or stay focused. All I can think about is Leah.

"Why you look so depressed and shit, I know you still not on that Leah chick." Brayden sighed.

"I can find you another chick." He added.

"Leah ain't just some chick! Why are y'all even here? Y'all can go. I put my headphones back in.

Before I could put my head back down Danny snatched my phone and ripped out my headphones.

"What are you even listening too? Whats Like I want you? Who's Giveon?" Danny asked.

"Nobody." I snatched my phone back.

"Why you listening to that sad ass shit?" Brayden asked.

"Are you good? You've been to yourself lately and I'm starting to get worried." Danny said.

"Yeah, me too." Aiden added.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Are you sure? You can talk to us." Aiden stated.

I stood up."I have to get back to work. I'll hit y'all up later." I said before walking off.

I put my headphones on as I continued to listen to my music. I'm just gone get my job done, so I can go home. Man, I hate feeling like this.

~Later That Night~

I laid in bed, listening to music, when my mom knocked on my door.

"Hey, you didn't touch your dinner I left for you on the table. Are you okay?"

I wished people would stop asking me that.

"I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat something, Will."

"Ma, I will, but can I borrow the car this weekend since your always carpooling with-"

"What you need the car for?"

I wanna visit Pops. I haven't seen him in a while, plus a change of scenery could help me clear my head."

"I guess, but just make sure you drive safe and you're back on Sunday for school."

"Ight."

"If you need anything let me know." She said before walking out.

"Will do, love you." I shouted.

"Mhmm, love you too." She closes my door behind her.

Tomorrow, I was gone get up early and take the drive to my dad's place. He lived about 2 hours away. I think the drive and visit would help me clear my head. Maybe, he can give me some advice to my Leah situation.

Lemme try and get some sleep for my lil road trip.