Mexican Margaritas (Lesley, E)

Summary: Where Reader meets sunshine personified in the form of Lesley Smith-Juniment, and they help each other through their break ups.

Rating: Explicit (NSFW, 18+)

Content Warning: Alcohol, oral (male receiving), penetrative sex

——————————————————

The appeal of large scale resorts in foreign countries is the comfort of feeling that you aren't as far from home as you really are. I knew that when I booked it, since they called it the home away from home, emphasizing the bastardization of a culture to fit into American ideals. That should have been enough of a reason to pick some other place to stay, but it still wasn't the one that I was pondering over a weak margarita in the lobby of a hotel that had way too many fluorescent lights.

Why did I pick somewhere similar to my home when I wanted to get away? That was the thought that consumed me, drowning out the cheesy pickup lines I'd heard from the few men who approached me despite my horrible case of resting bitch face. Still, I continued to scan the crowd for someone who looked as miserable as I did, but in a more compatible way.

After nearly 3 hours, I found what I was looking for. Across the bar I saw a man, his chin resting on a hand propped up on the bar top. He had a far off look in his eyes that I recognized, and I decided that I had to talk to him.

It wasn't just out of a selfish desire to cheer someone else up so that I wouldn't be as miserable – something about the look on his face just screamed for my attention. Of course, I was probably just imagining that to justify my decision to talk to him. Because if I was really being honest with myself, the decision was probably more based on the fact he was, by far, the cutest guy I'd seen in months. Possibly my whole life.

"Did you just get laid off or dumped?"

The man nearly fell out of his chair, my presence taking him by surprise despite my having sat beside him long enough to order two more terrible margaritas.

"How did you know?" He asked cautiously, his eyes roving up and down my figure in the most shameless fashion.

I'm guessing dumped.

"Why else would you come here alone?" I gestured to the bar, hoping that he also understood it to be a broader statement than that. He was in the resort, so he must also be a tourist. No one who actually lived here would come somewhere this boring.

"Ah. I'm actually not alone. I came to visit my dad but then he... left with some woman." He sounded embarrassed the more he explained, scratching the back of his head and leaning back. "So now I'm..."

My eyebrows jumped as I stared at him. Subconsciously mirroring his posture, behind a hand on my chin, I waited for him to reach the same conclusion I had already pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess I am alone." The sadness in his eyes was back, and it looked way worse up close.

I nudged one of the drinks over to him. He just stared at it, so I kept going until it almost fell off the edge. When he finally picked it up, I smiled.

"Not anymore you aren't." I held out my hand to him with a tired smile. "I'm (y/n)."

"Lesley Smith-Juniment." He answered, taking my hand in his. The only thing I could think about was how massive it seemed in comparison to my own, followed by how eerily soft it was. Not to mention the fact that despite how warm he was, he wasn't clammy in the slightest.

He was like... sunshine personified.

But the most rewarding thing wasn't the handshake he gave or watching him take his first sip of the margarita and cringe, it was the way his demeanor changed. Like the longer we sat together, the more alive he became.