Comforting

Wow...

You stared blankly at your phone, reading the messages on the white screen that your eyes refused to leave.

After all those months, what a waste.

You took a shaky breath, and took a moment to accept the fact that your friendship was now gone.

____________________________________

I woke up, looking at the sad sunset outside my window that was somehow uncovered.

After a moment of thinking, the memories rushed back.

"A friendship of 3 years, finally gone," I said bitterly.

"That's alright," I slowly commented, thinking over my words.

It never was a good friendship, and there were many times where it had almost ended before.

But you had hoped it would end sooner than this.

I slid my legs out of my bed, and stumbled out to the living room which was quite messy some how.

"Why... This morning doesn't make sense.." You mumbled, feeling a bit puzzled.

"Actually, cleaning this now might be a bit relaxing," You smiled, and started playing a playlist to fill the silence and get your mood up.

After a bit of cleaning and dancing, along with some singing, the area was cleaned up nicely and made me feel a bit more relaxed.

I paused the playlist and opened my messages, to tell my grandfather good morning along with shuichi.

I always said good morning to him, since he was my favorite family member and didn't have much time left.

But that all went crashing down when you checked the message that was sent to you.

"I'm sorry hun, this is grandma, grandpa died last night in his sleep. The ambulance came and got his body 4 hours ago."

Four hours ago 

That was at 7 A.M

I stared at the message just a bit longer, waiting for me to start crying or something.

But instead I simply set my phone down, not even noticing shuichi had sent me a good morning text first this morning.

I walked over to the counter and sat on the floor, and began sobbing.

Close friend and then this.

It's not the worst thing yet, but its enough to hurt.

The sobs turned into crying, with a bit of painful wailing.

I started reflecting on the months I had spent practically alone.

No friends have ever been over, just shuichi, and it was only once.

The only thing i've even been doing is talking to a fan of yours along with shuichi.

It just hit me how lonely I've been, or should have been.

I don't message anyone or any family, and even though me and shuichi are dating it only started a month ago and we haven't gotten too far into the relationship.

I wanted to believe this was only both of us being shy, and even if that's really why it doesn't feel like it is.

After a few more moments of sobbing, a few urgent knocks on your door that made you pause your sobs.

Maybe it was the mail

I got up, not minding to clean myself up, and answered the door, to where I found a worried saihara looking eye-to-eye with me.

"Y-y

! You didn't answer your messages.. A-nd I got worried!.." He began to quickly stutter his reasoning.

"... Were you crying?.."

____________
POV switch

This comment made you realize your mistake.

You quickly wiped your face and responded.

"Crying? Whaat? I have no reason to cry," You gave him a smile.

You could only smile because he had come to check on you.

Shuichi stared at you, before suddenly welcoming himself in and intertwining his hand with yours.

"I know that wasn't a true response, so let's take a moment and then you tell me what's going on alright?" He asked with a gentle tone.

"... Okay.." You replied, a bit disappointed.

Shuichi gave you a quick forehead kiss, before pulling you over to your kitchen with him.

"You haven't ate yet right? I can make you something sweet," He reasoned, slowly letting go of your hand.

But you intertwined your pinky with his to stop him from completely letting go, and have him a nod.

(I have a shit sense in good snacks and meals so take this idea I plan on trying)

Shuichi grabbed a banana and some cinnamon with sugar out of your cupboards.

You trailed behind him since you refused to let go of his hand.

He gave you a nervous smile before saying "I kinda need my hands for this step y

...".

You nodded and let go, and he began cutting the banana into bite size slices.

After so he threw the peel away and covered the slices in the cinnamon + sugar mix.

After he finishes he grabbed your hand again and led you over to your couch.

He set the plate on your table and grabbed the blanket you kept on your couch.

He sat down, and made a gesture to welcome you with him.

You crawled onto the couch, hugging his upper body and letting your body rest on top of his.

He wrapped the blanket over you, since you were dressed in shorts and he figured you'd be chilly since it was morning.

He scooted the plate more into your reach, and turned on a fantasy show in the background.

He started to play with your hair, making sure to be gentle since he knew how you reacted when people touched your hair.

After a moment or two, you reached for a slice of banana and spoke up once you finished it.

"... He died this morning..."

Shuichi gave you a gentle look.

"May I ask who died?.."

You sniffled a bit before answering him.

"M-y grandpa.." You said with a shaky voice.

"And.. A good friend o-f mine.. Broke it off last night..." You said with a few sobs, before burying your face into his shoulder and covering your head with the blanket.

Shuichi kept playing with your hair, and hummed a small response.

"I'm sorry that happened love... I don't know your pain but I'll do my best to help it subside.." He gave you a sad smile before lifting the blanket and giving you another forehead kiss.

That was until you sat up and stole a real kiss from him.
____________________________________

I'm back to update some storiesss