CHAPTER TWENEY TWO

"Did she interrogate you?" I ask Theo. He hasn't said anything all day. I watch his eyes waiver as he stares at the ground.

"No, maybe she had nothing on me." Something disquieting exhibits his face when he says this. He swallows hard, running his fingers through his blonde hair.

"Are you ok?" Will asks him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He lies, I hear it in his voice. I can hear thing more frequently now. It's hard to ignore. I turn to Will and we exchange a quick look.

"Do y'all think she's planning something?" Alixavier asks. Harper nods her head. She hasn't been the same since her session, but she won't tell me what happened. I take a moment to take in everyone. Theodore Millar, who's distracted in his own thoughts, stands next to Harper. Harper Price holds herself, arms crossed as her eyes gaze upon her scuffed sneakers besides Will. Will Jones fiddles with the bottom of his team jacket next to Alixavier. Alixavier Woods is leaning against Jessie, glancing at Theo when he thinks nobody's watching. Jessie Price is besides me, looking up towards the dome. And I'm just trying to understand why we are all standing here in the school parking lot, but we are all somewhere else in mind. After everything, as much as we have grown, I must remember that we aren't hollow casings of ourselves anymore. We are only yet to understand something we already knew.

"Hi." Jennifer grins linking her arm around Jessie. We all turn to face her, forgetting that we were standing in silence in the first place.

"What's up JJ?" Alixavier says.

"There's a small party at mine tonight, just found out my parents will be out till a week from now." She tells us.

"Cool, we'll be there." Will smiles

"Could I borrow him?" She asks, but she doesn't wait for an answer, dragging Jessie away from the circle.

"Do you want a ride home?" Will asks Harper. She shake her head. "Harper why are you..."

"I'll wait for J.P." She dismisses. Will turns to me and shrugs.

"She's been like that all day." He mouths. "Theo?" Will offers.

"No I have a ride." He tells him pointing at his bike.

"I'll take you to Jennifer's later." He says to Theo as he waves us goodbye.

"Lets go Ly." Alixavier tells me. I quickly turn back to Jessie and Jennifer before following Alixavier.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆