Part 5

Hailey and Jay have been dating in secret for six months. They only tell the team because Hailey is pregnant. (Just to warn y'all there are 2 swear words in here so if you don't like that don't read it).

Requested by LouWalker0.

Hailey's POV:

I'm pregnant.

"What?" Jay says.

I didn't realize I said that out loud. "Yeah, I'm pregnant."

Jay just looks at me, his facial expression clearly showing that he's as dumbfounded as I am. I don't know what to do or say.

"How did you know?" He asks.

"I started getting symptoms, I took a test. It's positive." I put the test displaying two lines in Jay's hand. He looks down at it for a while, then looks back at me, a slight smile on his face.

"Are you okay with this? Are you happy?" He asks me.

"Honestly, I don't know. I was kinda excited at first, but then I was nervous to tell you because I didn't know how you would react. Now I'm kinda excited again but scared to tell Voight and I really don't want to go on desk duty even though I know it's way safer . . ." I start ranting.

. . .

Jay's POV:

Hailey starts ranting and I have to grab her arm to get her to stop and listen to me. "Hailey, slow down. Take it one step at a time. If you want to keep the baby, that's your decision. But we need to talk to Voight."

She nods. "Okay." I step closer to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. I pull her against me in a tight hug and I feel her rest her head on my chest.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm happy and excited." I murmur into her hair. I feel her smile against me as I pull her closer and she buries her face into my neck.

"Maybe we should tell the team too?" I suggest, and she looks at me like she's about to interject. "I'm not saying we have to, if you don't want to. I just thought they'd figure it out eventually so we should just tell them."

"Yeah, probably. We wouldn't want them to piece it together wrong." She agrees.

I kiss the top of her head and hold her for a while.

. . .

Hailey's POV:

We're headed to the district, and Jay can tell that I'm nervous. "If you want I can go talk to Voight by myself. I think he'd understand."

"No," I interrupt, "I'm going too. We both need to be there." Jay just nods and we continue on, walking up the stairs to the bullpen. I beeline towards Voight's office, vaguely aware of Jay following behind me. I walk in and Jay closes the door behind us.

"I'm pregnant," I say, cutting right to the chase, surprising myself at how direct I was. Voight seems very surprised too.

"Pregnant, huh. You bring Jay here to be your moral support to come tell me?" He asks.

"No, actually, he's the father. We've been together for six months." I explain.

Voight nods. "Yeah, that makes sense. I'm assuming you guys aren't splitting up, especially now with the baby, so you both need to fill out and sign these HR forms, and we need to get Hailey on desk duty asap. For today, I'll keep you on light duty, you'll mostly do desk stuff. That good?" Voight tosses papers to me and Jay, looking right at me.

"Yeah, desk duty asap, got it." I say, and Jay nods.

"Okay, good, dismissed." Voight turns to his computer and I take that as the cue that the conversation is over.

"That wasn't too bad," Jay says. "But the team is gonna notice that you'll be at your desk all day."

"Let's tell them," I say, once again surprising myself with my directness, Jay too.

"Yeah, okay, sounds good." I smile as Jay kisses my cheek and pulls me into his side as we walk.

. . .

Jay's POV:

Intelligence catches a case pretty early on, and soon I find myself in a surveillance van with Atwater and Ruzek.

"I bet you miss Hailey right now," Adam teases.

"Why would you think that?" I snap back.

"Damn bro, he was only teasing. He just meant that you must miss your partner because he gets annoying too soon." Atwater says.

"Hailey never gets annoying," I say, "and I'm glad she stayed back this time"

"What, why? You'd rather do surveillance with Ruzek?" Kev asks. I keep my mouth shut and don't answer because I've already said too much.

"Maybe he's starting to doubt her abilities," Ruzek says to Atwater.

This makes me mad.

"No, you asshole, she's pregnant, that's why." I see Kevin and Adam's eyes widen in surprise.

"What? Pregnant?" Adam says, and Kevin echoes.

"Yep, pregnant." I say quietly. "She's officially going on desk duty tomorrow."

"So who's the father?" Ruzek asks.

"Me," I all but whisper.

"Who?"

"Me," I say louder this time, and with more confidence. "It's me. We've been together six months."

I swear I should've taken a picture of Atwater's face right then and there, it was priceless. He looks absolutely shocked, and so does Adam.

"Well, I think I can speak on the behalf of everybody when I say that's a shocker." Kev says. "Congrats, though."

"Yeah. Thanks." I smile to myself.

. . .

Hailey's POV:

I stay back with Vanessa and Kim to work in the bullpen while the boys work on surveillance.

"You and Jay get in a argument or something?" Vanessa asks.

"No, why would you think that?" I say, confused.

"Because you're here and he's on surveillance. I'm just surprised that you didn't go with him." Vanessa says.

"No, they must be okay. I saw them talking to Voight together earlier." Kim says. "But they could've been requesting partner changes."

I can feel my face heat up and pray that it doesn't look too red. I just hope that Kim didn't see Jay kiss me afterwards.

"Maybe, but that would really shock me." Vanessa says.

"If that would really shock you I'd hate to see how you would react when I tell you that I'm pregnant and Jay is the father." I say. Shit. Oh my god, I can't believe I just said that. I quickly glance over to see Vanessa and Kim's eyes practically bugging out of their faces.

"What?!" They shriek in unison.

"Calm down, we've been together six months, this wasn't a one-night-stand thing." I say, hoping they would quiet down. They didn't.

"You guys have been together six months and didn't tell me?" Vanessa yells. "Why?'

"Vanessa. Shut up." I snap, annoyed. "This is why I didn't tell you. I don't want the whole precinct to know." Her face falls and I immediately realize I was too harsh. "Sorry V. I just don't want everyone to know and you were being kinda loud." She smiles and nods at me.

"Congratulations!" Kim says, noticeably quieter.

"Thanks," I say. They both jump up to hug me.

Heyyy y'all. I know it's been like 3 months since I've updated 😬. The end of the school year was super hectic, then I did summer school in July for an extra credit. That ended a few days ago and I wanted to dive back into writing fanfic right away. I know this fic is pretty bad (sorry to the person who requested it), I've been writing a lot of essays the last month and haven't quite fully gotten back into writing fanfic yet. I may rewrite this at a later date. Thank you all for being so patient with me and I promise the next fic will be way better 🙂.