2:53 am

yesterday, chae-rin and park jongseong had talked through the night

yesterday, chae-rin and park jongseong had talked through the night. she was half expecting for him to sound like a middle-aged man or a thirteen-year-old, but his voice... chae-rin thought it was the prettiest sound in the world. the way he would hum before speaking, or the soft edge he spoke to her with, the raspiness of his voice.

god.

she'd learned that park jongseong was in his last year of highschool, and eighteen years old. he was the same age as chae-rin, and lived in seoul.

is this fate? no. chae-rin did not believe in fate. when she had believed in fate, everything that made her happy had been taken away from her.

chae-rin did not know she could think about another person like this. she felt guilty. completely, and utterly, guilty.

it hadn't even been that long, and here she was, thinking about someone else romantically.

she looked down at the unopened messages on her phone from jongseong. she bit her lip, debating whether to open them or not.

"chae-rin," a voice whimpered in the back of her head.

baek kang-hi. chae-rin swallowed thickly.

"chae-rin, aren't you missing me?"

the image of kang-hi, with her luscious caramel hair, and twinkly eyes, appeared in her head. "come to me,"

but then she remembered park jongseong, jay, he had told her to call him. she thought of his laugh. her promise she made to him.

a tear slipped out of her eye.

what am i supposed to do?