2:54 am

park jongseong was worried sick

park jongseong was worried sick. he frowned at his phone, waiting for her reply. calm down, jay. she might be asleep. just wait for a couple more minutes.

jay stayed up until five am, waiting for a text from chae-rin. he kept staring at his notification-less home screen.

━━━━━━━━

jay

hey

Sent 2:54 am

chae-rin are you there?

Sent 3:00 am

are you okay?

Sent 3:02 am

please lmk if you're safe.

Sent 3:35 am

━━━━━━━━

he had to stop himself from sending chae-rin too many messages. he didn't want to annoy her, but he was anxious. at five am, he had finally fallen asleep, until he woke up at 6. he had to go to basketball practice. during practice, heeseung, his best friend, had dragged him off to the side.

"jay, what's going on? you seem distracted," heeseung asked.

jay let out a frustrated breath, "i'm fine. there's just a lot on my mind,"

"does it have to do with university? are you fighting with your dad again?" heeseung asked quietly.

"yeah," jay lied, avoiding eye contact. jay had always loved fashion, but his dad wanted him to take over his company. it was something that they argued about a lot.

heeseung pursed his lips, but decided not to push it. it was best to let jay come tell him when he wanted to. "okay. do you want to take a break?" jay seemed tired to heeseung.

jay could not be any more thankful. he felt like he was going to collapse any second. he sat on the bleachers at the side of the court, pulling out his phone.

no new messages.