Chapter 1

A/N: Warning! Contain spoilers from Tokyo Revengers manga.

Regrets

"Detective Y/N, we located the suspect

"Detective Y/N, we located the suspect. The location can be found here."

You furrowed your brows when you heard your coworkers. You turn around to face him, your gaze shifted on the paper he was handing.

You've been working in a case that is very dangerous. You took the documents he was handing and look at it as you sat down on your chair.

"Do you mean the Bonten Gang's leader?" You asked still your gaze fixated on the paper.

You gulp dryly when he responded a yes which causes you to feel unease.

Sano Manjiro, we finally got to see each other after 12 years.

You stare at the place where he could possibly be as it was shown in the document. It was an abandoned buildig and it was as creepy as it looks.

You decided to go alone, knowing that he will not show mercy to everyone, you wanted to talk this through, and you hope that it will work.

You enter the building looking around, it was empty and dark. After walking for a while inside the building you suddenly heard multiple gunshots causing you to startle in surprise.

Upon hearing it, you felt scared not knowing on what's going on up there as you were having bad feeling to it.

You instinctively run to find out where that disturbing sound came from. When you eventually made it to the 4th floor, you were panting.

You gasp loudly in horror as you see your younger brother bathed in blood lying on the floor.

"Takemichi!" You dashed towards him, with your tremble hands you tried to stop the blood that was continuously flow from his body He got multiple shots, barely surviving.

With shaky hands, you take your phone and call for an ambulance. "Takemichi, can you hear me? Keep breathing, okay? Ambulance is on its way, stay awake!"

You cried while your hands are still trying to stop the blood, he moves his weak hand towards you he held your hand which causesyou to cry even more.

"Just stay put, you're going to be okay." You reassured him trying to curve a smile on your face but it fades right away after seeing him coughed up blood, "Fuck! Tackemichi, hang on!"

"Sister, M-Mikey-kun is heading...to the...rooftop. Y-You are the only one...who can stop him. Please, save him..."

Hearing his name causes you to stop, you even held your breath for a second after hearing it. Your heart skipped a beat, thinking he was the one who shot Takemichi.

At this time you were out of thoughts and not knowing what action you should take. You're here for Mikey but you found Tackemichi, gasping for life.

You don't want to leave your younger brother in this state, but he keeps begging you to go after Mikey.

"Please..." all you can do is to stare at him, pleading with you like this, leaving you with no choice.

You close your eyes and groan in utter frustration. "Takemichi, promise me one thing. Please, stay alive."

You said as you leaned in closer to meet his forehead, you took a deep breath before taking a stand.

When you are about to run heading the rooftop, you heard screams outside the building, what's going on?

You quickly walk towards the window, to gaze on what's going on outside. You see the crowd gathered and staring up at the sky, you were confused on what they are doing.

With your gaze on them, suddenly you saw Mikey falling from the top, you utterly gasp in fear as you see him fall.

You unconsciously spread your arm to reach him, you don't care about everything, the only thing you had in mind is to take his hand and save him.

When you stare at him as he falls, everything appears to be moving slowly begging to make it in time.

"Mikey!"

You yelled when you finally reached his hand holding it tightly and stopped him from falling. You grasp a hold of something for support.

You winced and endure the pain as the broken glass of the window cutting your flesh, it is painful.

"Grab on, Mikey. Climb up!" You said trying to lift him up, but too heavy to lift him up, to save him.

When he lifted his head up just to see the person he was longing to see, he was dying to see.

He looks at you surprised and silently gasps, even in his last moment he finally see you, he couldn't help but stare and utter your name for the first time in years.

"Y/N...you're here." You tightened your grip on him, when you were almost out of strength. "Come on, Mikey! Hurry!" You screamed nervously, afraid to lose him.

You stare at him, he's different, almost everything in him has change. You then see the necklace the one you gave to him before that was still hanging around his neck.

The necklace shimmered in the moonlight, it hurts you to see this, you never imagined that he really took care of it over the years.

You see him shake his head, causing your eyes to well up with sorrow.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. It is too much for me to handle, I've done unforgivable things, and the only retribution is death."

When he says that, you abruptly shake your head in disagreement. You don't want to see him like this, giving up on his life.

As you cried, you yelled, "Please, Mikey... we can start over again. Please..." You sobbed looking at him, he stares back at you.

He simply smiled as he looked at you. The smile you will never forget that always soothes your heart, a warm smile. It hurts you so bad, you left and he is now struggling.

When tears start to form in the corner of his eyes, he then said, "It's fine, don't blame yourself, I chose this path for myself. I want to end everything here, so please let me go, my Darling."

It's my fault. It's all mine, if I hadn't left him, things would never have turned out this way. If I stayed by his side, he would never suffer alone.