Chapter 8

Quarrel

"Are you okay, my Darling?" He asked, looking towards you, fixing his clothes. He walks as if nothing happened.

You look at him in astonishment. What? Did he just beat them, in just a few minutes? Just how strong could he be?

You hesitantly nodded looking at him, surprised. Well, he's a gang leader after all.

"Let's go," he then said as he takes your hand. You were hesitant at first, but because it was his birthday, you decided to let him be.

You return your gaze to the battered gang group laying on the ground, he’s really strong no cap.

You two walks, heading to your apartment, without letting go of each other’s hand and Mikey silently enjoying this moment.

As you two reached the door of the apartment, you stopped in front of it, but before you could open he called out you in a low tone, "Darling?"

You hummed in response, as you turned to face him. He suddenly held your face and softly rubbed his thumb in your cheek.

It makes you shudder in response to his touch. You gulp trying to calm yourself even your heart start to beat faster than usual, it unusual, he’s warm.

He leaned closer, staring at your lips, eh wants to feel how soft and warm they are.

"M-Mikey..." You nervously whispered beneath your breath as his lips were barely an inch apart from yours.

He paused, as you whispered his name. He stare at your lips for while before he sighed and closed his eyes.

He then muttered a, "Sorry..." and back away, putting his hands inside his pants pocket.

"Thanks by the way for celebrating my birthday with me." He smiled saying it.

"I-Its nothing..." You muttered shyly and couldn't look straight at his eyes. It makes you felt awkward.

What was that? He then takes his leave. You watched his back as he walk away, comprehending what just had happened.

You silently gasp when he turns around, and you can see him smile in a distance and waving his hands to bid a goodbye.

You immediately turn around because you were caught off guard and feel embarrass.

You now head inside your room, Takemichi notices you as he look at you with furrowed brows, confused.

"What's wrong sister? You look like a red tomato." After hearing it you cover your face with your hand as you hurry towards your room.

That’s supposed to be a kiss, right?

You were in the class, casting a glance outside the window, recalling the events of the previous night.

You are completely unaware that the teacher is calling your name. “Ms. Hanagaki.” Exclaims the teacher causing you to flinched.

You turn to face the teacher, with eyes wide open in surprise, "Finally, Ms. Hanagaki, could you please answer the problem in the board."

You stare at the board for a while before you took a stand and politely obeyed it. You are the president so you need to be a role model for everyone.

Everyone clap their hands as you got a correct answer. But you aren’t happy about it, because what happen last night keeps bothering you.

As the class concluded, you laid on your table, depressed, wanted to forget everything. All you had in mind is only what Mikey did last night, which you couldn't think of any.

Someone barged into the room as you were about to lean your head down on your desk, yelling your name.

“President, there’s a fight on the field, hurry!” You quickly made a stand and ran towards it as soon as you heard it.

As you arrived you gasp in utter surprised when you see Mikey beating the third-year student. What is doing here this time?

You dashed towards them and snatched Mikey’s hand just as he was going to smack the guy he was beating in the face again.

“What the hell are you doing, Mikey? You’re in my school you can’t just do things like this.” You grumbled in whisper pulling him away from the beaten guy.

“Y/N, what’s going…Mikey?!” Chifuyu finally arrived, as you intently stare at Mikey eager to hear his explanation.

“I was just dropping by to pay you a visit when I saw that guy beating Takemitchy.”

You stare at him confused, as you glance around just to find Takemichi beaten up, his clothes soiled and blood trickling from his nose.

“Takemichi!” You scream and hurriedly run towards him, he took a stand assuring you that he was alright. But how battered he looks pisses you off.

You the pulled his hand, and walk away. You signal Chifuyu to take care of the mess. When you entered the office, you cured all his bruises.

This is why you don’t want him to join a gang and became a delinquent, you don’t want to see him hurt.

As you were finished curing him, you turn to look at Mikey who is now munching a dorayaki, relaxing on the couch.

When he notices it, he asked, “What is it, my Darling?” Just in time Chifuyu entered the office, after he took care everything outside.

“Take Takemichi out in your gang.” You uttered in desperate tone that makes Takemichi groan in distaste. “Sister, I don’t want to,” he argued.

“Takemichi, is our newly recruited member and if that’s what you want I will-,” Mikey was cut off when Takemichi exclaimed and abruptly took a stand looking so mad.

“I chose to become a delinquent because I want to, you can’t just decide what is good for me, and that is one of the reasons why I run away from home, I want to be a delinquent!” and he flee, leaving you dumbfounded.

“Wait, Takemichi!” you tried to call him back but failed after he shut the door close. You brush your hair back, frustrated.

“I will go talk to him,” Chifuyu volunteered leaving you and Mikey alone in the office.

You took a seat, gazing down, as you don’t have any idea on what you were going to do. Takemichi is mad, and you hated it seeing him mad.

“Darling, do you want some.” You turned to look at him, as he was offering you the dorayaki he was eating.

Out in frustration you abruptly grab it from him and took a bite on it. Surprise as it taste good, the one he brought to you before you didn’t eat it.

Now that you’ve had a taste of it, you’re regretting giving it to Takemichi instead of eating it.

You took the last bite before turning to look at Mikey, you asked, “What was it called again?”

He leaned in closer to you, causing you to shiver as he wiped the remnants off the corner of your lips with his thumb. He smiled and replied, “Dorayaki.”