Not So Humble Beginnings

Shoutout to @hyungwonsglitter for the story idea :)

(Beca's POV)

*flashback*

"Beca I expect better from you!"

"Dad I'm trying my best, I'm just not good at math!" I allowed a tear to escape my eye.

"Your 13 god damn it, you should know what your doing by now! If you applied yourself to your work more maybe you wouldn't be failing your math class!"

"Dad I'm trying my best," I was now bawling my eyes out, "I'm sorry that I'm not good enough!"

I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bathroom still sobbing. My mind was all over the place but one thing that I knew at that moment was that I couldn't take it anymore. I reached into the medicine cabinet and grabbed the razor blade that sat on the bottom shelf. I twirled in my fingers and then made three cuts across my wrist. This was the first time I had cut myself.

*End of Flashback*

I'm now 18 years old and still receive these same lectures from my father about how I am not enough, about how I'm not good enough. I still cut myself almost daily to try and help with the self hate but it never does. All my life I've waited to get away from my father to escape his hatred toward me since my mother died. Finally the day has come where I am going away to college and yet I still hate myself the same way I did yesterday and the same way I will hate myself tomorrow. I can't help but wonder when things will get better for me, or if they will get better.