The Start Of Something New (REWRITE)

(Chloe's POV)

Beca stared at me with a blank expression.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned due to her lack of reaction.

"I...I didn't know that you were..." she cut herself off but I got the idea.

"I'm bi actually," I stated, answering her question.

The room went silent once again, while Beca seemed to search for the right thing to say.

"I honestly thought you had a thing for Jesse," she spoke quieter than before and disappointment took over her voice, "I mean with the way he looks at you, I thought you two were dating for sure. But then you kissed me, and now nothing that I thought before seems to make any sense." I smiled softly at the brunette.

"Jesse? I've had my eye on you since I met you at the activities fair, Bec. When I heard you sing in the shower and then at Bella's auditions, it made me love you even more than I already did. Don't get me wrong I love being just friends with you, but I want to become more than that." I said the last part with a wink.

It took her a minute to realize what I meant, but when she did a smile took form on her face. "Are you serious?" She exclaimed.

"Well yeah..." I paused to gather my thoughts, "Otherwise I wouldn't do this again."

I leaned in to kiss the brunette and this time she kissed back. It started out slow and sweet until I deepened the kiss, causing Beca's eyes to go wide.

This time when we separated, Beca smiled at first but then quickly pulled herself away. She stood up off the bed and began pacing the room, making me feel extremely nervous all of a sudden. Did I do something wrong? Was it something I said?

"What's wrong, Becs?" I asked my nervousness now clear in my voice.

"We can't do this, Chlo," she said holding back tears, "We just can't do this."

"We can do what?" I asked stepping forward and placing my hand on her shoulder. She quickly stepped back creating a distance between us once again.

"I can't be with you, Chloe," she said, sounding defeated, "My dad won't allow it. He has beaten me before because I pursued relationships with women, so I don't doubt that he'll do it again."

"So then we don't have to tell him," I tried to sound hopeful, but even I didn't believe the words coming out of my mouth, "It can be our little secret."

"Chloe, I just don't want you to get hurt, okay?"

Before I could even process what she was saying she was out the door and heading down the hall. There was no point in following her since she clearly didn't want to be around me at the moment. I just wanted her to be happy. I wanted to be the one to make her happy.

A/N: I posted both the original chapter and the rewrite. Just to kinda show myself how much I've improved as a writer :)