And Then There Was Sunshine

(Chloe's POV)

Today's the big day! Today I get to move into my dorm at Barden University! This is the next chapter of my life, and I couldn't be more ready for it to begin.

At about 12:30 I was fully moved into my dorm. I hadn't met my roommate yet but I was too busy worrying about the activities fair to notice. As I was walking through the booths, I came across one for an Acapella group called: The Barden Bella's. I knew that this was something I definitely had to be involved in so I immediately picked up an information sheet. When I looked up I saw a gorgeous brunette standing next to me and it felt like the world around me had just stopped.

"Hi, I'm Chloe!" I stated in my usual enthusiastic tone.

The brunette then replied, "Hey, I'm Beca," giving a fake smile and turning away. I could tell something was off about her but I didn't know what.

Hours later, right before I was about to go to bed, I heard the doorknob moving around, so I figured my roommate had finally decided to show up. When the door opened, I was surprised as to who was standing before me. It was Beca, the same brunette who had stood before me hours ago. She looked at me up and down and smiled, except for this time it was a real genuine smile. I could quickly tell from this moment me and Beca were going to be fast friends, whether she liked it or not.