Chapter 4

The event was live, much more hectic than I anticipated. This was the first college party I ever attended alone, an over whelmed feeling of regret consumed me as I stood in the center of the room watching people interact.

I tried stepping out of my comfort zone wearing a tight mesh dress that was way too short to bend over in, thankfully I wore an oversized women's suit which shielded me like a layer of skin.

The neon lights muddled with my eyes drawing my attention in and out of new faces. I stood in my spot for about a few minutes turning about trying to figure out what to do with myself as I spotted the beverage area filled with unused red solo cups. Maybe a drink would calm my nerves.

There was tons of booze and jello shots spread out and a mixed punch filled in a cooler on the floor close to finished. I settled with the jello shot that were secured with a plastic lid. A small chunk of coolness went down the warmth of my throat as I chewed down on the flavored jello.

"First time!" I dropped my empty container onto the ground I was startled by the deep voice in close proximity. "Hey, I didn't mean to scare, just wanted to introduce myself."

Charlie Malick, one of the well-known athletes of the school stood in full height in-front of me. "You're good!" I said smiling awkwardly finally relived to see a familiar face from class.

"First time seeing you at a party, it doesn't look like your kind of scene." Charlie said looking at me intensively, "I'm Charlie!" his tall built leaned into once again invading my space.

"Nadina" I said now gazing up at him trying to figure out his motives as I say a group of other male athletes crowded not too far from him building up my attention behind him.

We continued to converse but I figured he realized how tense and uneasy I felt as my gaze remained on his group of friends. He seemed irritated my this and distinctively grab my attention by getting a hold of my hand and leading me towards an outside exit.

Once we were outside I tugged my hand out of his, getting as far of him as I can. "What is this?!" I said looking at him unsure of where to do next.

Usually if HE was here HE wouldn't let situations get this far, but of course I've decided to be a rebel, a person who rises in opposition of Rosario. Who needs to learn that I can handle on my own being independent in my nature.

"Sorry, I was aiming to innocently introduce myself to you before the fucking horse group of friends of mine made an out roar making it seem like I was trying to hook up with you and---"

"Is this some kind of joke?" I said tight lipped, trying to stand tall in my four inch heels.

"No-no this is not that at all," Charlie stuttered, seeing his reaction heeded my attention.

"Why now? Why have you decide to introduce yourself now, when we've had at least two class semesters before?"

"I-"

"Was this a some sort of meaningless dare?" I said cutting him off. I've never felt this rise in me. It felt good to have the upper hand for once, why haven't I ever felt this rise with Rosario. I inhaled giving Charlie a chance to speak.

"Okay, your assumptions are completely incorrect. The reason-" He took a long nervous pause. Under the moons light I can see his adam-apple move as he swallows.

"I've had a crush on you for awhile now. My friends were acting all types of sorts, calling me a chicken because I've never had the guts to ask you out... So, I finally seen the opportunity to approach you, tonight" Charlie said all in one breath now starting at the ground avoiding my gaze.