Chapter 5

Hope you enjoy. This has been sitting in Drafts for months.

I collected my belongs before leaving class. I sighed in annoyance hoping I wouldn't have to take Lipton for interpretation of Ethics and the Justice System next semester.

Lipton's quiz was much harder than his last quiz, my anxiety kicked in just thinking about the exam next week.

I felt pretty confident all throughout the test up in til the 30 minute mark. Studying the textbook and taking notes gets me well off but Lipton's teaching techniques for Methods of Research in Criminal Justice weren't t as well as Frazier last semester.

I honestly felt a bit exhausted and wanted to get home to unwind. Maybe, I'll just go to the event for a couple of minutes with Charlie then leave.

"How'd you think you did on the quiz?" Charlie said sneaking up beside me on the pavement heading towards the parliament.

"I'm not sure." I said. His big frame beside me made me feel small and out of place beside him as we approached the homecoming event ahead.

"I know, I didn't pass. Wanna tutor me for the upcoming exam?" He said with a light laugh.

"We can set that up?" I smiled politely then clutched my bag feeling a bit anxious as eyes and attention was fixated on Charlie and I. I felt a shift in his attitude change as we walked pass crowds of people who knew him. I watched from my peripheral as his arm extended to my lower back side guiding me.

"How long do you plan on staying?" I asked as we squeezed between the crowd to his friends.

"Not too long, we can leave now if you aren't up for it." He said, we were pressed against each other. I suddenly felt discomfort about how close up against Charlie was against me. I didn't want to ruin the mood, "We're good!" I chimed

His arm lowered down my backside grazing my behind.

"Want me to grab you a drink!" I shook my head as I watched him go off ahead to help himself.

The crowds were overwhelming but I found comfort in knowing that at least I knew a few people around me.

He came back with two solo cups pushing a cup in my face as he took a drink from his own. "No, thanks." I said but I ending up grabbed the cup not wanting to offend him as he smiled at me.

Hopefully later he'd grab it from me and drink it himself or dump it. Overall, I just didn't want to deal with Charlie getting drunk as he promised me the night before.

But as time passed and Charlie has slipped off to his friends it didn't dawn on me that between the conversations I had with others I took unconscious sips from the cup that was handed to me.

I had finally let loose and stood in the mix of the crowd dancing along with a group of non- sober's and started to feel bubbly. Or should I say tipsy, I've never been drunk enough to exactly know what goes on in this state.

Work by Rihanna was playing, a favorite that I enjoyed to dance to my room alone.

My mind hadn't wondered to where Charlie had gone but was focused on the alluring eyes on me from across the room.

The stranger stood not to far just staring at me.
The boy looked quite familiar, his dark skin glistened as the disco rainbow globe reflected light little to no light in the room.

I waved at him as I moved my frame in slow explicit ways. He finally closed in on me from behind and I whined on him unfazed by my actions. I knew for sure it wasn't from campus I hadn't seen his face around.