Chapter 24

Francy's p.o.v

Remi and I parked our bikes in front of the old lady's house. It was a cute little home,with a green garden and lots of pink roses covering the green. We followed the road trail then the front door when we heard yelling from the back.

"Here..girls I'm here."

The lady waved at us from the back of the house.

Turning around Remi and I walked towards the back of the garden. We were welcomed with big trees and lots of lemons peeking through the bushy green leaves.

The plantation was a small little garden with lemon trees, all spread out in leveled distance.

The lady handed us sun hats and two cute baskets.

Suddenly I noticed someone else coming out of the house carrying an empty basket.

"Oh Sole, come and meet the girls I called to help us out." The old lady beckoned the girl to come closer.

The girl's golden locks were swayed back by the breeze and her eyes glistened in the sun. She was tall like a model, her posture straight and confident and she walked slowly as if she came out of a painting. The dress she wore fell so perfectly over her small curves, like it was made for her.

I could recognize her right away. It was the same woman we saw the day before. The one who Tim had a crush on.

There was something so distant and tepid in her look, but it wasn't unfriendly. She just felt surreal.

Her face had strong defined features. Her nose was long and narrow, her lips had a defined shape and her eyes were upturned and a deep brown color had long dark eyelashes over them despite her blonde hair. On her unsmiling face, there wasn't a wrinkle in sight, not a spot or a blemish.

She looked like a doll. Flawless.

Her cheekbones showed on her face even when she wasn't smiling.

"Hello." She gave us a polite nod and I snapped back into reality.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hey." Remi gave her a grin.  She seemed unfazed and was quick to make friends. "Tell us what you need us to do and we'll help out."

The girl pointed at the trees. "Just pick a tree. If you can't reach the taller ones, just move onto the next tree."

She was calm and the note in her voice was warm but with slight disinterest that we were there.

The old lady tapped by back. "Sole helps me out with lemon picking but today you girls can do my part. No you start and I'll go make you girls a lemonade."

"Of course" Remi said happily.

We grabbed a ladder and our baskets and started the work. The old lady went back inside in the shade.

We were lemon picking in silence and Remi and I kept glancing at each other trying to figure out if we should start a conversation or not.