Chapter 27

Francy's p.o.v

"Please come back again." I smiled at my customers passing them the bread.

"You're getting good at this." Tim told me as he charged the next customer.

"Thank you." I smiled and took the paper the customer held. It said whole grain bread. "Just a moment please."

I packed the wonderful warm bread and passed it to the customer on the counter. " Please come back again."

As the morning rush passed Remi and I waited for the next batch of bagels to come out of the kitchen.

Tim gave us two tall glasses of water.

"Thank you." I took the glass and gulped the water down. Even with the air conditioning, I was still feeling the heat from outside.

"You guys are really helping us out. I barely got any breaks last year." Tim explained.

"I'm glad we're actually helping considering we haven't worked before," I said.

"For first-timers you guys are going great."

The bell hanging on top of the door rang as the door opened and the next customer came in.

"Welc...." Tim choked on his words before he got to finish that sentence.

"Sole!" I grinned ear to ear when I saw her.

"Heey." Remi leaned over the counter so she could see Sole.

She smiled at us. "How are you?"

"Oh just working. I mean... great." Remi smiled awkwardly upon stumbling on her answer.

"What can we get you?"I tried to hold in my laugh at Remi.

"Mmm two baguettes and one sour cherry galette." She pulled out her wallet, took some money out and handed it to Tim.

"Tim.." I nudged him. He was staring at her completely out of it.

"Right away." I smiled at her and nudged Tim with my elbow this time.

Somehow he took the money and took out the receipt.

I packed the two baguettes and Remi packed the galette. I handed them to her.

"Come again." Remi and I both waved her off.

"Thank you." She smiled and walked out.

"Well thanks for nothing Tim." Remi sighed disappointed and then hit her lips. "Ugh..I can't believe I answer to "how are you" with "just working"." She tapped her lips again. "Think before you speak Remi."

"I think it went well." I smiled.

Remi waved her hand. "Whatever, she understands. "

"You um.. You know Sole?" Tim finally broke his silence.

"Yep. We met her on Friday." I answered.

"And you didn't think to tell me this?" He asked, still in shock.

I pressed my lips in hesitation.

I told Sole where we worked and that I wanted her to come by, technically to see Tim too, but considering she barely spared Tim a look, I took it as she wasn't interested.

But nevertheless, we could try again. You never know until they talk.

"I'll introduce you next time." I told him. "You know.. It needs to look more spontaneous."