Hexside University: Luz Noceda

luz's POV

   "Are you sure you want to go to college? I mean I didn't and look at me! I'm the most famous witch on the boiling isles." Eda boasted.

   "I've really wanted to go to magic school since I started to become familiar with the witch realm, but I wanted to learn every type of magic like you. I didn't want to be in a coven or choose one track, and I know Hexside University is very diverse with that type of stuff."

   I've been Eda's apprentice since I was 14. I'm one of the very few humans here, or at least I try to believe I'm not the only human here. I don't have a magic bile sac that witches possess, so I've used paper for the majority of my learning. I drew glyphs of the basics: light, ice, fire, and plant. Eventually, I learned glyph combinations that combined the 4 main elements. With combinations, I can create cool and extraordinary spells, like invisibility, smog, and even plant monsters, on top of that I know all types of magic instead of traditionally choosing one.

   "NO don't leave Luz, you can't go. Wehhh," King cried of desperation.

   "King, I turned 18 almost 3 months ago. I wanted to join during the fall but I stayed. I wanted to be with you guys. You guys supported me so much but it's time that I do something for myself. I want to expand and go to college."

   "As long as you visit me, and bring me delicious college food, I'll be okay," King added.

   "You know Luz, I'm happy that you're making your own choices and doing what makes you happy. I'm gonna miss buying human food."

   "I'm gonna miss you too Eda, I'll visit as often as I can."

   I gave one last hug to Eda and one last belly scratch to King and brought my stuff out of the owl house. I didn't bring much with me, just my phone, my earbuds, some clothes, my notebooks, and my collection of "The Good Witch Azura" because these books kept me going in this realm. Hexside University was 2 hours away from the owl house, so I could visit a bit often.

   I got in my car and started driving in that direction. I had already met with the counselor at Hexside University and they had told me they'd tell me what dorm I'll share and later on choose my schedule for the winter semester that would start later in December, and I called the principal, but there was a queasy feeling in my stomach as I continued to get closer to the school. It made me nervous to think about my roommate, making friends, learning magic, and joining extracurriculars. I've learned a lot about the witch realm, and it's completely different than the human realm. I've been in here for around four years, yet the only thing I don't know about is other wizards and witches my age, REAL wizards and witches with the magical bile sac. I know it would come as a shock to them that I'm human because the principal was even a bit shocked.

   "Now Playing: Serial Lover by Kehlani"
(author: I'd play the song, it's so good)

   "I love this song," I thought.

   Kehlani is one of the most talented R&B singers with a lot of lesbian representation. In the witch realm, they don't have music I like, so I'm grateful my phone has all the human music. The more I think about it, the witch realm doesn't really have people like Kehlani. I don't think there's positive LGBTQ representation in this realm, which doesn't surprise me because in the human world it was also frowned upon. I mean Hexside is very diverse in many topics, and I'm pretty sure I read something about their support on the community, which I guess is a good thing, but it doesn't stop homophobia.

   I never really had many friends, so my sexuality was always on the low. I am attracted to women and men, but I haven't had any experience of that feeling since I left the human realm. So that's another gut-wrenching feeling I have: having a crush. It's so embarrassing and the last time didn't go too well. I need to make sure I make a good impression.