Building 4, Room 04

amity's POV

Someone came in, but I knew it was my roommate. I didn't want to bombard her, since she is a transfer student and she just came to her dorm. I hid in plain sight with a spell to make me invisible, though I had to hold my breath in order for it to work.

   She roamed around the room, I can't tell what she's thinking, also she didn't have much stuff. Just a big box.

   "Was that all she brought?" I thought to myself.

   She found her room, she turned paper into... light? That's a weird way to do magic, but I decided to make my presence.

   "Hey, you must be my roommate-" but before I could actually introduce myself, she turned around in full attack. She grabbed another paper with a drawing on it, but instead of making light, she made fire.

   "Was she going to attack me?" I didn't have much time to think, her face was so emotionless, so I quickly put a protection spell around my hand if she did try to.

   "I'm so sorry, I got scared I didn't mean to almost attack," My roommate immediately apologized in fear.

   She looked at me, and her face was more colorful. The first thing I noticed were her ears, they're so round. Then her accent, it sounds different from everyone I know. The paper magic things, she's not from here. Is she... human?

   "Are you human...?" I quickly assumed.

   "Haha yeah, I am. I guess the ears sorta give off human vibes."

   "It was more of your paper magic, never heard or seen such a thing in my life."

  "Yeah, I can't do magic normally but I'm sorta developing a way to not use paper. Anyways, my name is Luz, Luz Noceda."

   "Luz, what a foreign name," I fantasized.

   I've never NOT believed in humans, I knew they were real, but I just have never seen them to actually say that publicly. There's been stories about them, rumors saying there's an alternative world. The Human Realm.

   "My name is Amity Blight, and it's great to have you at Hexside University."

   "God, everyone is so welcoming. It's nice but you know, repetitive," Luz mumbled.

   "Well I mean, this is a prestigious school. I wouldn't say the best of the best get accepted, but it really is for those who strive to learn about magic and demonics," I explained.

   "Aren't you famous somewhere? Blight Industry? Those big abomination things they sell to protect, that's your family right?"

   How does she know that? How long has she even been in this realm? How does she know what an abomination is? My mind is so lost, but there's no point in lying.

   "Um... yes, my parents created Blight Industry, how do you know this?"

   "Your name is all over the place, plus Eda bought something like that a few years ago and my house demon devoured it."

She's been here for a while. I wonder if it would be impolite to ask. I can't help but think about her life. A human, in the witch realm. She knows my last name, my family business. I want to know so much about her magic. I just met her though.

"If you don't mind me asking, I'm a bit curious since you are human, you don't have a bile sac don't you?"

"Do you want me to just explain everything? I know that my kind is like myths to you guys, the same that witches were myths to my realm," She smirked as if she read through my mind.