Unwanted Magic

Luz POV

   I wonder why Amity would say "everything"
like that. I get that I stand out a lot, but am I slick? I don't think I am.

   "Hey, what are you thinking about?"

   "Huh?" I didn't really hear her question.

   "You look really focused, are you that anxious?"

   She thinks I'm anxious, that's cute. Worrying about me.

   "Nah, just really excited because this is the interesting part of the tour, now I can kinda see how this school works as far as their magic."

   "If you say so," she joked with such remark.

Amity seems so much different than I ever thought. She looked so serious in the billboards with her family, the Blights. She looks like the golden child, well... I think she is the golden child. She seems like
she has a lot of roles in her life.

  "Usually people on the fields are using their magic for a sport, like grudgby. Sometimes I practice my abomination skills so I'm able to use them when I'm on my palisman, or I'll practice glyphs with my staff," Amity went on and on about.

"Do you think a human can play "grudgby" or whatever you guys call it?"

"Not sure, you're the first human that's existed, so maybe, but you couldn't stand a chance against me even if you tried," Amity let's her inner arrogance out.

She really does underestimate me, I carved my own palisman, studied wild magic, and honestly I've outsmarted so many witches back at home. I like this side of her, it only makes me want to prove her wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amity leads me into the huge school, but it looks like a typical university in the human realm.

"...and this is where the Illusion track is at, ironically they have the smallest room but they can turn it spacious with illusions."

"Illusions would be so scary to encounter wouldn't it? Imagine how many people could catfish and pretend you're someone else," I said jokingly.

"What's catfish?" Totally forgetting she doesn't understand some terminology.

"So in the human realm, catfishing is what you'd call someone who isn't who they say they are, and is usually on dating apps or social media, where they change how they look to the point it's like two different people."

"Then why is it called catfish?"

"I don't know, trust me the language over there confuses me too," I said laughing.

"Why don't you show me your track in depth, after all I should take notes from the best student shouldn't I," I said in a smug tone.

   She blushes and tries to hide it but it's so obvious that she is. Especially her smile she's trying to hide.

"I have a better idea."

Amity's POV:

"Why don't you show me your track in depth, after all I should take notes from the best student shouldn't I?"

She really knows how to press my buttons, but I don't feel angry. It's like a tease, but I weirdly like it, the way she teases me. It makes me confused. It just makes me wonder what there is to humans and the way they think and feel.

"I have a better idea."

I drag her to an empty classroom with lab equipment. I begin to create a thick glob that begins to turn purple the more ingredients i put in.

"Amity... please don't tell me I have to consume this."

"What? No? Are you crazy? Do they not have this sort of thing in the human realm?" I questioned.

There was a long pause, as if she tried to remember whether there were.

"I mean there are chemistry labs, but I left the human realm before I could do anything relating to that subject. I've seen the chemistry here so it's a lot more interesting," she reminisces.

"Oh... I'm sorry about that, it must be sad to feel like you missed out." A tear wells from my eye and falls into the pot of unfinished abomination goo.

The pot begins to rumble, taking me and Luz aback. It moves and shakes, as if it had a mind on its own.

"Fuck I'm sorry I forgot that tears are highly reactive," I apologized.

All of a sudden, it stops, and the world came to a halt. I look at Luz's curiosity creeping on her face while mine is stunned with horror.

"Abomination, rise." I said, nervously.

The goo is a blue color instead of purple, and forms a sad, almost water like monster. It rises and stands sloppily.

This isn't suppose to happen. A blue water downed abomination? I don't know what I created. I slowly panic and unsure if I should continue to feed it demands.

"Abomination, what do you feel?" Luz voiced her inquisition.

"WAIT NO-" I tried to stop the abomination from receiving the demand.

"I feel... worthless, unseen, and misunderstood." It recites with a hint of sadness, but overall monotone.

The abomination... it feels what I feel. It recites what I feel. My tears... it gave it a piece of my conscience.

"Amity, why is your abomination depressed?"

"Probably because a tear of mine landed in there? Not sure, this has never happened. Abomination, be gone."

The blue monster melts away into its pot, being subsidized. I pour its remains in a jar for me to keep as abominations need to be fed and kept. I also want to see how much it can possess my emotions.

As we leave the classroom, I feel a tug on my
sleeve.

"Amity, that was really impressive, you showed me how to make it from scratch."

"From scratch?" I ask, never understanding the human language.

Luz laughs it off. "Don't worry about it, let's head back into our dorm."

There's something about Luz that just makes my face feel like it's melting off. I feel sweaty and nervous like I'm going to puke or something. Are witches allergic to humans or something? Or am I just being weird. I don't get why I'm so affected by her presence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow i really need to be more active. i'm a senior in hs rn, and i'm just finished common app. currently got accepted into 3 universities so far, good luck to those in the same boat!

- basorexiclover