Chapter 19

Nico Romanov

"Do not tell me to calm down!!" I spit venomously.

Six pairs of eyes are averted from my bristled figure.

"B-boss, I-I really d-don't know wha- what happened or how it happened." Ilya stuttered. "We always kept a watchful eye on her, also, on the night of her disappearance, we saw her get in, nothing suspicious happened."

"Oh, so, in your own words, my precious daughter just disappeared into thin air?" I took a deep breath out, pressing my eyelids shut.

Stan, a caucasian idiot cleared his throat, "May.... be...?" He hesitantly muttered.

I shot the iciest glare i could. He quickly cowered behind one of my men.

"Damnit!!!" I roared, sweeping the knickknacs off my desk.

Huffing and puffing like a mad man, i drew my gun from the drawer.

"This is no time for playing games. My princess is out there and you tell me there's nothing you can find. At all?!" I calmly asked, cocking my head to the side, "You must be slacking because I've been too lenient, aren't you?"

Some stiffened up, bowing their heads immediately whilst some remained puzzled by their sudden shift in demeanour and my calm tone until I cocked it.

"You know, my dear friend has been sleeping for a very long time." I announced, stroking my custom designed pistol. It's diamonds glimmered as the sunlight peered throught the window, caressing the pistol and with glee it gleamed as if excited to work again.

The new men salvated at the sight of my dear friend. How could they not? It's a beauty, and I was more than happy to demonstrate how it deals with slackers.

Without second thought I light pressed the trigger, aiming my friend right at the caucasian fool. His pillar flinched with such great force, as if he was the one who has been shot. Everyone was quick to ask for forgiveness. Pissing me off.

"What I need is not your peasant grovelling, but my daughter."

I walked and placed the opening of my pistol to green haired bulky boy, "Now that you know what happens when I lose patience, you must be itching to work harder are you not?"

"WE ARE!!" They yelled with admission in unison.

"I don't care if you have to kill your family or castrate yourself to find my daughter, just know that if you don't get me something tangible by the next two days, I will do it for you."

They all nodded, shaking terribly.

"Get to work!" I shouted, sending them barreling out with a corpse it tow.

Now this can't be an attack on me. I got rid of all my enemies while still in the game. I tried to live peacefully with my family after all that. No one knew where I came from and that I have a family.

But...

Ivan.

********************************
LIANA

I froze, my body forgetting how to breathe.  My heart pounded painfully hard and fast against my ribs, I could hear the blood rushing. I stared in anticipation as the door swung open.

A lady I didn't recognize narrowed her eyes from the doctor to me then to the doctor then to me again, seemingly processing something. The doctor nudged my leg and I slowly took a breath and closed my eyes trying to be a subtle as possible, wishing I could just disappear or make myself invisible. At that point I told myself that if I'm quiet enough and keep my eyes closed, she might not see me.

"Oh..." she she drawled, I could hear her red sole tapping against the wooden floor. She scoffs.

The doctor nudges me for the second time and I fall back onto my pillow.

The sound of the doctors footsteps walking away from my side, alarm me until I hear the click of the door shutting.

"Miss Russo." The doctor finally greets. "Can you please do me a favour just this once?"

Silence ensues.

"Please don't tell Mr Russo about this.."

"About what?"

"About her being awake." He desperately answers, pleading with her. "She's not ready for him, she just woke up and we know he won't let her recover before inflicting pain again, she might die for real this time."

"Why do you think all that will make me care?" She chuckles, "I don't even know her, do you think I care about her dying? Hell, if anything I really want her dead she's ruining our ironclad ward. She is a weakness in this family now. An ugly blemish on our once flawless skin and you think I'd want to spare her?" She then throws in a dark chuckle.

"No, no. If it was that way then Mr Russo wouldn't treat her this way, would he?" He desperately tries, "Please, just please! I will get her away from here as soon as I can if you wish, just please don't tell him she's awake."

"You're telling me you would betray my brother for... this?" She mutters, sounding disgusted. "I want her dead. Look what she has done."

"She has gotten my brother's enemies excited, she's turning his own men against him... and you! You are the perfect example why I  should just snap her neck and be done with all this mess!"

"Please I understand where you're coming from but please will you please just do this for me, I will owe you my life!"

The sound of the door swinging open echoed around the room and this time I knew exactly well who that was.

My body went granite stiff, rigid with raw unrefined fear. The particles of his cologne filled the room, clinging to every inch of the room, announcing his presence.

"Owe her your life huh?" He muttered, "What is it now sister, i thought you were leaving. What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?" She retorted.

"Messing with my property." He said darkly, "And you know the consequences of messing withwhat's mine."

"Huh! Well will you look that!" She exclaimed with barely disguised annoyance. "How much power she holds, for you to threaten me for the first time ever. For what? A whore?"

He sighed and for moment I was really curious about all this. I, myself have been wondering about so many things, trying to leech as much information as I can from this interaction.

"What does he owe you his life for?" He asked, failing to answer her question.

"That, is none of your business." Her heel clicked sharply, every departing step tapping fury.

"I will tell you sir, let's just get out here, I have something to show you." He calmly said to Russo. "Oh! I was eating in here, apologise for that."

They leave the room and I finally relax.

Why does all this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve all this?

I have to conjure up an escape plan with doctor. It will be slightly less difficult with Russo trusting the doctor. I do feel bad about the doctors getting himself in harm's way for my sake. I really wonder? Is it really love or just temporal sympathy?

I have no time to think about that. What matters now is that I survive.

***********************************
Missed me? I'm glad to be back! ILY❤