The Only Girl(Part IV)

In the blink of an eye, several months had passed after our last party, we all friends had organized. After the party, we went into overdrive as our entrance exams were approaching.

For months, neither I called to any of my friends nor they did as we kept our nose to grindstone.

On the other hand, I met John but not in regular basis but in weekly basis.

Though John was recovering but in a slow rate. Half of his body retained consciousness after a long time.

Only two months were left for our entrance test and I had completed ninety percent of our preparation.

Christmas was just around the corner and I was quite busy as I shopped till, I dropped, these days. So, I was not able to find time these days to invite my friends.

It was Christmas and I was simply resting on the sofa. "Rat-a-tat-tat" it was knocking of the door. I thought it was a beggar.

But, as I pulled the door handle towards myself, I was surprised to see my friends with lots of Christmas gifts on their hands.

I asked them to sit on the sofa and for an hour we had a huge laugh.

Then we decided to organize a Christmas party in a nearby restaurant. I called up my driver and we together went to a restaurant.

When we were having delicious dishes, Robert asked, "Who is your girlfriend?" My cheeks turned red and became little shy. I replied in a shrill voice," Nobody!". I got up from my chair proceeded to washroom, washed up my face with cold water, and returned to my friends. My friends were laughing on me.

Then I changed the topic.

It was 5 PM and I made my mind to return home as it was brass monkey weather. As I reached my home lawn, I was amazed to see two cars were standing in front of our house. I didn't understand what was the matter. I went to my mother and exclaimed," What's the matter, why are the cars standing there?" She said, "Don't you know, I told you yesterday that Johnson's family would live at rent!"

After an hour, I was sitting at the lawn. "Hey!", somebody called me from behind. I looked back and I understood she was the daughter of Johnson's family.

She exclaimed in a charming voice," Hey! I am Emilia Johnson". I failed to utter a word. I gazed as she was easy on the eyes. She was drop-dead gorgeous. She was dressed to kill - not a hair out of place; I couldn't take my eyes off her.

I was a real babe magnet, I thought, as now-a-days most of girls would stare me, seem they had the hots for me.

Her dusky eyes and curvy lips expressed she tried to make beautiful music together.

The cute wasp curved figure gave a mesmerizing smile. So, in return, I also cracked a smile.

I didn't want her to be romantic towards me so I changed the topic and started to discuss about her higher studies.

We had a conversation for almost 15 minutes, she wanted to talk more, but I made an excuse and went to my room and opened my mobile's camera to see my face. As for me talking with a girl face-to-face is a more difficult task than talking with a boy and when a girl tries to be romantic with me, I shiver.

This Christmas was special for me because I never met a girl who was being romantic to me on this very day.

Anyways, New Year was forthcoming. New Year was my favorite day, as every year I received six gifts, one each from my mother and father, and one each from my four friends. But this year I would receive only five as John was ill. So, I decided that this year, I would gift him. Though, he won't be aware that I have gifted him but when he will recover totally, he would be quite pleased.

It was New Year's Eve and all of my friends had arrived for overnight accommodation when the hour-hand of clock was ticking to 7. My mother had made red-velvet white chocolate cheese cake for new-year celebration.

It was 8 PM and I was dead on my feet. It was 11:45 PM and I was made to wake up by my friends. When I got up, I saw all the rooms were decorated by balloons.

All were dressed up for the party except me, so I also dressed me up. It was 11:58 PM and we went outside and we made us ready to launch fireworks at 12.

The sky was filled with drops of silence for the last two minutes of this year.

As the church bell rang and we launched ten fireworks in the sky. The whole sky was filled with variety of colors. We prayed, may we all live a happy life.

Then we all returned inside as there was a nip in the air. As we returned, my mother brought the cake she prepared for New Year's celebration. I lifted up the plastic knife and did cut the cake. Suddenly, Emilia came from upstairs. She had a pastry in her hand which seemed to be a Danish pastry and she was approaching towards me. She handed me the pastry which covered by a paper. I slowly took out the pastry from the covered paper, then I noticed a small message was written.

So, I kept the pastry aside and started to read what was written: -

"Hey you sweet dude,

Happy New Year! The pastry you are seeing is specially prepared for you. From the first day, when I started talking to you, I had a lust after you. This pastry is the first one I made in my life. If you find it delicious, kindly review it. I would be pleased enough.

Yours friendly

Emilia"

I was tickled pink by her message. I kept her message aside and lifted up the pastry and had a bite of it. The pastry was as easy as pie. I went upstairs, knocked her door and in a second, she opened seemed she had been waiting for me.

"Hey Emilia, Happy New Year!", I wished her by looking on the floor because if I looked at her, I couldn't utter a word as my eyes would be on her beauty.

"Your cake was really delicious.", I told. She wanted to talk more but I didn't wait as I felt shy in front of her. It was 1 PM and I was feeling quite sleepy, though I slept for around three hours. I saw two of my friends had slept, but my third friend was seen nowhere. I went to the backyard of my house to check whether he is there or not.

I roared in laughter as he was standing at backyard and was eating cakes. He had one-fourth of the cake that was prepared by my mother for that day's celebration.

He also cracked a smile as he was shy that I have seen him eating. But I didn't wait for him, I went to my room and slept.

It was around 7 AM as the strong brightness of sunlight entered through my sleepy eyes but I again closed my eyes as I was excited to see my all the five gifts.

I got up with my closed eyes and turned to see my gifts and then slowly opened my eyes. I was really excited to see my gifts.

But to my surprise I counted repeatedly there were six gifts instead of five. I was amazed but I understood the sixth one was given by one who is falling for me.

I started to open one by one. The gifts were awesome but I didn't open the sixth one as my parents and friends were around me. I decided to open it when I will be alone.

I took the sixth one to my bedroom, locked the door, drank a glass of water and opened it. To my surprise, the gifts amazed me.

The gift contained varvatos leather jacket. The jacket looked pretty.

I kept that jacket inside the cupboard separately as it was my special jacket because she gave me.

I thought to wear it on any other day not on the new year.

It was 9 AM and I had my breakfast. Suddenly something clicked my mind, I had promised myself that I would give him New year's gift.

As I completed my breakfast, I dressed up expeditiously, went to the nearby gift shop to buy some gifts. I made my mind to gift him a best friend wall art.

I bought it, wrapped in a gift paper and made my way towards the hospital where he was admitted.

I went to the ward where he was admitted and cried out in happiness as he had recovered a lot. I slowly kept the gift beside his head and told him a few words, "My Dear John, this is a gift for you. Hope you get well soon. I would be pleased if you open my small gift, when you recover totally", and returned home.