39- 𝕱𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓

SCARLETTE

"Dante...Scar....I-Is that you", Jace says with teary eyes.

I wince hearing that familiar nickname and stare at them with a blank stare.

Dante runs over to them causing my brothers to drop their guns and participate in a huge group hug.

Although I remain where I'm standing staring at my supposed family with all the hatred I could muster. As much as I feel hatred I also feel relief and I hate myself for feeling that way especially after they caused me so much pain.

Liam then looks over at me knowing exactly how I feel about my brothers. Kiera and Alex on the other hand just stand there watching this messed-up reunion.

By now my brothers probably know that they fucked up after the number of months that passed where I was kidnapped and beaten by the hands-up Alvarez. I wouldn't have gone through this if my brothers and my family weren't so gullible and untrusting of me.

They slowly break apart from the hug and Dante gives me a confused look while the rest have sorry looks painted on their faces causing me to turn away.

then Flavio slowly approaches me as if I'm a wounded dog my menacing glare still on him, before he even tries to console me I speak up.

"You all betrayed me,...and I trusted you", I say loud and clear enough for my brothers to hear along with practically everyone in the yard.

"After I stayed with you all for almost half a year of bonding and earning my trust you shattered it just like that", I say my voice breaking up tears welling up in my eyes.

"yes, Scar w-we know we messed up but we're gonna make it up to you", Chris says now speaking up tears running down his face.

"Make it up to me? Are you serious", I say holding back tears.

"At the hands of Alvarez, I was abused and beaten. How in the hell are you gonna make up for some of the worst months in my life, I FEARED FOR MY LIFE EVERY SINGLE DAY", I say screaming tears now running down my own face.

I was not ready for this confrontation and it surprisingly hurts more than I imagined.

"we're sorry", Flavio says the rest stay quiet with tears running down some of their faces.

I stay quiet not knowing what to say. while Liam puts his arm around me comforting me earning a glare from Luca his face turning drastically. I roll my eyes at his dumbass antics and wipe my eyes.

"Would someone mind explaining what the fuck happened", Dante says confusion still on his face.

oh yeah, he still doesn't know. I was not in the mood to rundown the whole reason why I'm here in the first place especially not In this psychos yard I just wanted out of here. Who knows when he would find out were missing.

"It's not time for this drama anyways we need to focus on getting out of here first", I say wiping my tears and sniffing.

"Yeah that shit was awkward for me", Alex says disturbance clear on his face.

"same" Alvarez says.

Before I can even process Alvarez grabs me from behind and has his arm around my neck in a chokehold and I feel cold metal at the side of my head. A gun.

All of my brothers and their guards put their guns up pointed at Alvarez. Horror was evident on all of their faces. Kiera letting out a scream.

"Surprise-surprise honey", he whispers in my ear putting more pressure on my neck.

"IF ANY OF YOU MOVE I"LL BLOW HER FUCKING BRAINS OUT, PUT YOUR GUNS DOWN", he says yelling.

"Put your guns down," Flavio tells everyone.

"IF ANY OF YOU PULL THE TRIGGER ON ME I'LL MAKE SURE THE LAST THING I EVER DO IS TAKE AWAY HER LIFE", he says.

My breathing gets heavier and his body is pressed up all against mine making me even more uncomfortable, I was never afraid of death but I didn't want to go out like this. I try and squirm out of his grip but it's no use.

"D-Don't do this man please", Liam says shaking tears already on his cheeks.

"Shut the fuck up you sound pathetic you should have known the consequences of your little escape," he says.

"and I see he really cares about you Scarlette, congrats on making him your bitch. Now it's my turn to make you mine", He says starting to kiss my neck.

I struggle even more trying to get his lips off of me. Tears start welling in my eyes and the memories that I've successfully sealed off of David start coming back.

"GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF HER, IM GONNA KILL YOU, YOU BASTARD", Xavier yells charging forward.

he tears his lips off of me and hits the gun over my head causing my head to start bleeding and Xavier to stop in his tracks.

"Don't speak to me like that when I'm the one with the gun", he says with a psychotic ring to his voice.

suddenly he starts laughing like the maniac he is.

"You all have no idea how much I loathe you, this ITALIAN MAFIA has so much power. POWER that I know for a fact was supposed to be mine.", He says.

"AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY STOLE THAT RIGHT FROM ME", he says now crying his tears disgustingly dripping onto my head.

"what do you mean supposed to be yours", Flavio asks still high on alert.

his tears stop quickly and his voice becomes clearer.

"ARE YOU STUPID, what else would I mean in my last life I was told that I would lead the mafia with the most power and everyone knows for a fact that it's the Italian mafia.", he says anger evident in his deep voice.

His last life.... we got our hands on a real psycho.

"Yeah, your a crazy son of a bitch", Luca says disturbed.

"IM NOT CRAZY", he yells and he immediately starts crying.

I mean full-on crying and just as he breaks down the gun loosens from my head. I have to think fast. This is my chance.

My eyes meet Flavios and he nods knowingly.

I knee him between the legs and he bends over in pain causing me to be freed from his death grip.

Flavio then shoots his chest causing him to fall back dead.

I sigh in relief and crouch down exhausted. Liam quickly runs over to me and hugs me squeezing the life out of me.

"Thank God you're ok", He says whispering in my neck.

we pull out of the hug and I see the rest of my brothers coming over. They stand beside me aware of the fact that they could have just lost me like I was some delicate flower that wasn't real.

"I-Is he dead", Dante asks.

"MAKE sure he's dead", Dante quickly adds.

As soon as Dante says that Alvarez gets up and weakly points the gun at me.

"Shoulda went for my head", he says pulling the trigger and just as he does Flavio shoots him again but it's too late.

I look down at my abdomen and see red spreading quickly. I don't even feel anything at first but it's like as soon as I acknowledged what had just happened to me the pain becomes unbearable. before I know it my vision gets blurry and I find myself going down. My eyes slowly blink fighting to stay open, I feel arms around me and wetness dripping onto my face tears that arent my own. I see Liam's face and I figure I'm in his arms. My hearing soon also becomes faded and I hear yelling. I want to stay awake but every breath I take feels like I'm being stabbed over and over again. I can't do this anymore so I accept my fate and welcome the darkness.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: well that was some heavy shit.

How are yall feeling? :)