Chapter 3 - Traitor

I'm sorry but I'm skipping the skiff scene because I don't want to take too long to get to the main events of the plot.

Your POV

"Y/n."
I kept my eyes closed.
"Y/nnnnn."
I turned around, still trying to sleep.
"Y/n! You know what, you leave me no choice."
I was pushed off of my bed, startling me enough to open my eyes. That brings back memories... ow.

"agh- what the fuck, Catra?!" I groaned. "I tried waking you up nicely but it didn't work. Now get up, Shadow Weaver is pissed." I got up and looked at Catra with curiosity. "Why's she pissed?" I asked. Catra shook her head. "Apparently, Adora ran off somewhere and now it's our fault."

I sighed and asked Catra to leave so that I could change. "What's wrong with me staying here? We're both girls." Catra said. "Uh, no. You and I both know we're the two gayest raging lesbians in the entire Horde. Now can you politely get the fuck out." I made the last comment sound more like an order than a question. "Alright, alright." Catra left and I grabbed my uniform. I'd love for her to stay- waIT GAY THOUGHTS BEGONE- why do I try they're never gonna be gone... I grumbled as my thoughts got off-track.

I walked out of the door of my squadron's room while tying my ripped tie. I saw Catra leaning against a machine, insulting some random soldiers. I felt my face heat up a bit. Then, suddenly, my thoughts went back to Adora running off and I became concerned. Why? Literally, of all of the people on Etheria, why them? Just why, Y/n? I shook my head, trying to get rid of my thoughts.

I ran towards Catra. "Hey, Catra. I'm ready to head out." I said. She looked at me and smiled. It was at that moment (he knew, he fucked up. no jk) that I knew that I was falling hard for this girl. Again, Y/n. Why? Just why? You could have fallen for anyone, from Lonnie to that Scorpion girl that saved you a few years ago, but nooo. You have to fall for your best friends. You do know that's the worst cliché you could have chosen for your mental health?

Go the fuck away, ———. It's weird that whenever I think their name, my mind scratches it out. (a/n no that isn't a fourth wall break if you were wondering. your mind actually scratched it out from your memory and other people's memory.) Eventually, we got on the skiff and were now heading off to the nearest town.

Once we got to our destination, I hopped off of the skiff. I soon spotted Adora, petting some animal thingy. I think it was called a horse or something. "Hey, Adora!" Catra and I called out in unison. Adora looked at us, startled and horrified. "Horde soldiers!" The boy next to her shouted out.

Suddenly, another person teleported next to him. "Where?!" Teleportation? No way, could she be?- "Adora! We've been looking all over for you! Now come on! Shadow Weaver's gonna have my head if we don't get back soon." Catra grabbed Adora's wrists, but Adora quickly jumped back, drawing a- where the fuck did she get a sword from?!

Suddenly, an arrow came my way, as well as some sparkles, and next thing I knew, it was all black.

Anyways,

When I woke up, that somebody, probably Catra, had leaned me against a tree. As my vision adjusted, I saw... Is that Adora?! She's like, 8 feet tall! Holy shit! I also saw that she still had her sword, which was not good for whoever she was fighting. Then I saw Catra in front of me. They were fighting each other.

I jumped up and stood between the two. "What the hell is happening?!" I exclaimed, turning my head left and right so I could see both of them. "Adora, here, is a princess now. Unless I'm mistaken." Catra answered with venom laced through her voice. I stared at Adora. "You- You're kidding, right? Please- please tell me you're kidding." I mumbled. I suddenly raised your voice. "You- This is a joke, right?" I was on the verge of tears. I looked down and lifted my arms a bit. "Adora, get away from the Horde soldiers!" "No! These two are special, they were my best friends!" I felt two different hands grab my wrists. I looked up to see Adora gripping my right wrist, and Catra holding onto my left. They both had hope in their eyes, but I swear I could see a bit of hatred for somebody. "Let. Go." Catra said, her voice low. Adora reluctantly let go of my wrist, and Catra walked me somewhere, exiting the outskirts of the town.

"Catra, Y/n, wait-" Adora started, but got cut off by Catra whipping her head around. She let go of my wrist in the heat of the moment, and backed away slightly. "You really couldn't do better? I thought you hated princesses." Catra growled lowly. "I didn't have a choice! The Horde is evil, Catra! But you two can join me! We can stop this madness! Just come with me to Bright Moo-" "As if we'd join your little princess sleepover! C'mon, Y/n. Let's go home." Catra held her hand out to me. "Y/n, please! You know the Horde is evil! Help me stop them!" Adora reached out to me as well.

I started to sweat. I didn't know who to go to. Catra. Go with Catra, stay with the Horde. Something in my gut told me to go with my cat friend. Slowly and hesitantly, I grabbed Catra's hand. "I'm sorry, Adora. But the only madness around here is how you chose people you've known for 30 minutes over your best friend." I said underneath my breath. But she heard me. I could tell by the look on her face. Me and Catra walked off, leaving Adora in dismay.

But something bothered me. Usually, H——- gives me advice on these kinds of decisions. But that wasn't their voice. That was somebody else.

But my mind refused to linger on that subject. For now, all I could think of was the fact that Adora was a

Traitor.

A/n the name that was scratched out? the more that it's thought of, the more is gonna be revealed. So far we have an "H" what do y'all think it's gonna be?

comment here what you think it's gonna be and whoever gets it right gets a shoutout in the reveal chapter (hint: it's japanese)

anyways, signing off