1. The shape of water.

"It's not as if I don't like being here..." Y/N whispered, fiddling with the edge of her shirt, avoiding eye contact at all costs. "I'd just rather be elsewhere. Get a fresh start.

I think- just want to be free for once. So where where no one knows my name." Her eyes filled with tears as the man before her tensed up at the sight. "Please." She mumbled. "Just one chance?"

_______________________________

ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ

ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪsᴍ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ: ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴘᴇ ᴏғ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

_______________________________

"So just like that?" Goo snorted as he reached his hand out for a sip of tea

"So just like that?" Goo snorted as he reached his hand out for a sip of tea. "Y/N Han- the chairman's little pride and joy- just resigned?" Gun kept quiet as Goo stuffed his face with another handful of cookies, tapping his foot loudly on the ground. "Man- wish I had that kid's freedom. I'd leave too, if I could." Goo went on, now glancing over to gun, urging for his part in the conversation.

"... that kid's been spoiled beyond any reasonable amount." Gun finally said, relaxing and falling back into his chair. "Even so, I expected her to know better."

A bit of regret showed through on Gun's usually emotionless face, as Goo took note of with minor surprise.

"It's why I didn't try to stop her. Thought she'd know, better than anyone-"gun paused again, taking a long sip from his expensive looking tea cup. "... and then? Better than anyone what? Come on, the suspension is killing me-" Goo broke out in a smile, nagging sarcastically before being silenced by the loud slamming of gun's teacup against the table.

"I thought she'd know better than anyone-

that the wave will always return to the sea."

Elsewhere in Korea:

Along the city streets of Seoul, a teenage girl skipped in happiness, attracting the attention of many passerby that were definitely lacking her energy. Y/N has the right to be happy- it was her first day in her new home, and skipping around to look for entertainment was all she had on her schedule- well, other than unboxing all of her things. That can wait though. This time, it wasn't even just because of her A plus procrastination skills, but also that her place wasn't permanent- her move was sudden and unexpected. She had to get to her new school before the school year started, and a little shack in a shady neighbourhood was all her assistant could find.

She was fine with it in the moment- all she cared about was the fact that she was finally free- that made any living arrangement look good, and from the analyzing of Y/N, probably even a paper box in a street corner. "Hey, watch where you're going-" a loud yell snaps Y/N out of her daydreams, and upon looking around, she realizes that she ran right into a businessman. "You loud teens have no respect nowadays, just always running around the streets and-" the man stopped as he made eye contact with her, his face turning slightly red before giving a whispered apology and hurrying off.

Y/N's POV:

People around me who turned over to see what the man was yelling about also looked at the me in awe, stopping dead in their tracks. I guess I just has that affect on people- the Y/N affect, as Goo once sarcastically commented- or, alternatively, "the Bitch affect", offered up by Kouji. Dang, that little brat- always licking his popsicles and dishing out sarcastic comments, all while hacking into whichever country's government he felt like that day. I felt my chest tighten a bit, feeling bad for leaving him behind- whatever, someone like him wouldn't miss me anywa-

"ZACK- STOP-" another loud yell took me right out of my daydreams again, though this time, the noise is delivered by a distressed teenage girl

"ZACK- STOP-" another loud yell took me right out of my daydreams again, though this time, the noise is delivered by a distressed teenage girl. Tilting my head over, I could see a large crowd around an incensed boy, probably around by age, his fist pulled back and his other hand- holding another kid by the head?! "Take this-" he growled, about to throw a punch down at the already battered kid.

I had to do something- dammit- that poor kid-

The crowd gasped as I catched his fist, sighing at the relief that I ran over in time. The shock of pain going through my right arm was nowhere near as pleasant though- this guy might've just looked like some random cocky son of a gun, but he sure can throw a mean punch. "You-" his eyes flashed with surprise and anger, still digging his fist deeper into my hand, all while the brunette behind him gasped and apologized profusely at us. Maybe she was his girlfriend-

Nah. She's way too good for him.

Finally, he let go of his fist, standing up and dusting his hands on his pants. "Just who the hell are you? Getting in other people's business." He asked me, the shock still not leaving his face. "Me?" I smirked, standing up as well and gently shoving the hurt boy behind me. Come on, Y/N- aSsert yoUr dominance in this new territory- have you learned nothing from Gun-

"I'm Y/N Han. Just got here today."

"And I'm here to claim this territory."

_______________________________

Chapter bonus:

A/N: hello! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter and stick around if you did! I'm doing at least one update every 3 days but do expect a lot of them in the next few weeks! Also please help me out and point out any inconsistencies with the official p...

A/N: hello! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter and stick around if you did! I'm doing at least one update every 3 days but do expect a lot of them in the next few weeks! Also please help me out and point out any inconsistencies with the official plot, etc etc since I haven't read the full book in a while and is just going off a few chapters  and the wiki :) thanks for reading!
^-^