5. Zack Lee

"So- you're from- the other side of the country, is it?" I watched Daniel, trying to scan every move for a sign of suspicion. "Yeah- I found other Daniel through an online forum and we decided to move in together." Daniel chuckled as we neared the gate of the school, where lots of people were already watching us and whispering away. What were they talking about anyways?

I wanted to ask Daniel straight up so badly, tell him that I found out from Kouji he doesn't actually exist, scream that he was lying- but I knew deep down that it was illogical. Surely Kouji can't do everything right all the time, he must've just made a mistake while scanning which made him lose Daniel in the system, or maybe Daniel hadn't registered yet- there was no way, in hell that- I gulped, my mind drowning in worries.

There's no way... That Daniel was also James Lee, was there?

_______________________________

ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ

ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪsᴍ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ: ᴢᴀᴄᴋ ʟᴇᴇ.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

_______________________________

My senses kept telling me that someone was watching, the same feeling I got when school ended yesterday. That someone was throwing daggers with their eyes at me, but- who could it be?

"Do you... feel that?" I put a hand on Daniel's shoulder, causing him to jump up a bit. His face was a bit red- "fe-feel your hand?" "No, dummy- someone's watching-" I lightly smacked Daniel's back, signalling for him to keep walking. Just at the right time, I whipped by head around- there's no way I couldn't catch them this time- "Oh! Y/N!" Zoey sheepishly called out from behind a bush by the school gate, waving to me furiously with a few leaves in her hair. "And- Danny- how are you two?"

...you've gotta be kidding me.

"Zoey-" I put on a forced smile, trying to wrap my brain around this girl's stupidity. "What were you doing- behind a bush??" "Well, you see," she started, rubbing the back of her head with a look of concentration. "I was just- um-"

The bell rang just as she opened her mouth to keep stuttering out excuses, and without even another second she ran off to class. "She does know that we're going to see her again, right?" I joked, watching her slowly disappear from our line of sight. "We are LITERALLY in the same class."

I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder, making me jump up and right out of my peaceful break time

I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder, making me jump up and right out of my peaceful break time. "What- Jay?" I turned over to see the blonde offender, only to see him deep in concentration, listening to the converstation between a few classmates and- that dickwad Zack.

"Nope- I can't see! Gross!" Zoey gagged at whatever Zack had said before her, though she didn't look genuine at all. Daniel looked a bit restless as the group kept laughing and talking. What were they talking about anyways?? The suspense was killing me- and as much as I hate to admit it, I had to keep listening.  "Zack's punch was lightning fast, really. I couldn't see his fist!" One of Zack's minions laughed, while said Zack had a smug look on his face. "Hey, stop- I'm not proud of it-" he said with a proud smile. What a guy. Who does he really think he's fooling?