14. The Real Slim Shady?

"The school festival?" I stared at Mira, who only smiled back. "Yeah! You haven't heard?" She puffed up against my table, which made Zack shoot me a "don't you steal my girl" look. "You're going, right?" I looked around, trying to find a distraction.

If I was to be honest- I would rather goto hell before going to a school festival hosted by the turkeys in this school. I mean, I love everyone, but also... we can't do shit.

"Well, I mean..." I stumbled out. "Come on, it'll be fun! Bake sales, events, talent show, fashion show-" "and the slave auction!" Ive never felt my head whip around faster in my life. "Zoe- the WHAT now-" she looked confused for a second, but then realized quickly that she didn't give an explanation. "Well, you see..."

_______________________________

ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ

ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪsᴍ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ: ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ sʟɪᴍ sʜᴀᴅʏ?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

_______________________________

"And thEn she was like, "the guys are so hot though!" I mimicked the mildly pitchy voice of Zoe best I could. "That's what it is." Daniel had a confused look on his face. "Why... why would I auction myself off for a date?" "We're you even listening? For raising money, idiot." I sighed at him. "Hey, I do like the idea of the talent show though- are you good at anything?" Daniel looked deep in thought for a moment before turning light pink and mumbling "I- I can almost sing." "Almost?" I seized him up. Daniel was very handsome- classic not-a-bowl-cut bowl cut. And he can sing too?? What was he trying to be, juNgkoOk-

"Okay, how about this. I start singing, you just follow my lead." I looked over at him. "Wait, but-" before he could continue, I started humming a tune. Before long, I was singing- and so was Daniel. He wasn't bad.... He wasn't bad at all.

Duke's POV:

Without a songs part to my lyrics... I can never catch up to the other's melodies.

I strolled through the empty halls, trying to find some peace in the sudden emptiness. But stress was all that filled my mind.

God, why did I do it- why did I raise my hand, vin jin's really going to kill me this time. I felt my hands trembling, my heart pounding fast just at the thought of what I've done. And I feel ashamed that I'd fall to someone like him.

But, my lyrics were still plain by themselves. There was no good solution. I can't sing, and rap at the same time- how was I supposed to-

A clear voice rang out across the silence, the notes hitting off the walls and echoing softly. It wasn't long before a second voice joined in. The harmonies perfectly completed each other, the notes becoming one. It was as if for a second, I could hear every line I have written being played along with those voices. I had found my people.

Snapping back to reality, I realized what I just thought. How was I supposed to convince people to do something with me, in front of the whole school? I was a laughing stock, a joke. I... I...

I peeked into the room where the singing was coming from. Now the real nervousness set in. Daniel Kim- he's been friendly to me before, but being the most wanted guy in school by the girls and guys doesn't make him seem all too friendly to approach. And Y/N Han, the other famous transfer- rumoured to have been a strong fighter before she came to the school, having immediately befriended the schools best fighters like Zach and Vasco. No one wanted to be near her, yet no one could resist her charm. They stopped singing, and I could hear Y/N cheering. Her giving a few compliments to Daniel and Daniel sheepishly accepting them.