Chapter Five

It was a blinding light

It was a blinding light. Henceforth, Adelaide covers her eyes with her arms. The light is completely blinding her sight, not only her but also the entire group.

With confusion on their faces, they entered the room unknowingly.
“Hello?” Rick’s voice echoes in the room.

Adelaide roams her eyes across the building. It was neat and clean, and it felt like no one was inside it. It is also quiet.

Aren’t they supposed to be working on how to get rid of the walkers outside? To find an antidote?

Then, they hear a gun click—they automatically point their gun at where the man is standing. “Anybody infected?” The unknown man asks the entire group.

“One of our group was. He didn’t make it.” Rick mentions the tragic event that happened to Jim.

Adelaide puts her hand to her forehead, “What’s the point of telling him about that?” She whispered to herself. While Daryl let out a snicker after hearing what she said.

After the question and answer portion, the anonymous man requires them to have a blood test—the price of their admission, he said. The man put his gun down, “You got stuff to bring in; you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed.” And the group did what they were told.