CLOSURE

Adelaide Walsh through seasons and how it should have ended.

Adelaide was with Rick, Carl, and Hershel when the Green family’s farm fell into ruins and the hands of a herd of walkers. Honestly, she wasn’t really sad about her brother’s death. There wasn’t hate, definitely no love, just indifference.

In the prison, Adelaide was with Maggie, Carl, and Lori when the latter was about to give birth. “I see the way he looks at you,” Lori cries as she grabs Adelaide’s hand, “Take care of them for me, please? Do better than I ever did.” And so she did. At first, Carl was simply sad thinking that the woman he looked up to as a sister was trying to replace his mother in his father’s, sister’s, and his life. He knew no one could replace his mother.

“I didn’t know you were good with kids,” Carol said, smiling at her and the sleeping baby Judith in Adelaide’s arms. “Honestly, I love kids. I used to babysit my neighbours’ toddlers back in high school. I will never be her mother, but with you, Beth, I will make sure she will receive the motherly love she deserves. That’s what Lori would have done.”

Adelaide got the flu and was with Glenn when Maggie found them. However, she got separated when she remembered her niece, Judith. Carl found Adelaide holding Judith’s bloodied baby cart. Then came Rick and his injuries. The three of them left the prison together.

Adelaide is free of the flu and came with Carl, scavenging for food. Michonne happened. Adelaide and Rick were alone together. One thing led to another, they kissed. Adelaide has fallen deep. While Rick is figuring it out it is what he needs after Lori and everything. What happened on the highway happened.

After reuniting with everyone after what happened in Terminus, she had a heated argument with Rick. She wanted to leave and go with Daryl and Carol to look for Beth. Rick won’t allow it and continues to deduce her role as his child’s babysitter.

“You shouldn’t have done that.”

“What? Disobey you?”

“Yes!”

“I wanted to help, Rick. What, you expect me to stay inside this church for the rest of my life? I haven’t even left this place since I entered.” Adelaide hissed.

“You’re already helping, Adelaide. You’re taking care of Judith. That’s more than enough.”

Adelaide’s lips hung open. “Is that, is that all I am to you? Your daughter’s babysitter?” her voice cracked, “I can’t fucking leave this place, I can’t even have my knives, and I can’t freaking breathe, Rick! It’s fucking suffocating! You can’t just expect me to follow all your instructions because I have feelings for you!”

“When we were at that house, and you kissed me, I thought you felt the same way as I do. You used my feelings for your gain. God knows how much I love your kids but don’t you dare use them against me to be my person. God, was I wrong about you.” Adelaide started hyperventilating, she ran her hands through her hair, grab her knives and went outside the church. Not even bothering to notice the set of eyes following her whereabouts.

After she left, Glenn quickly asked, “Rick, what the hell happened? What was that?”

Once everyone was preoccupied and she swiftly went back inside the church and took her bag. She didn’t even bother to say a few words to Glenn, who was concerned about her.
She has been wanting to leave for so long. What happened to the prison was horrible, they lost a lot of people in there. Seeing blood on Judith’s cart almost sealed the deal for her. She took it as a chance to be on her own, away from everyone.