THE HASHIRA ARE THE TEN* DEMON SLAYER CORPS MEMBERS WITH THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF SWORDSMANSHIP

LOWER-RANKED CORPS MEMBERS DIE INCREDIBLY QUICKLY, BUT THE HASHIRA ARE DIFFERENT.

THEY PROVIDE STABILITY TO THE DEMON SLAYER CORPS.

chapter four | meeting the hashira

Utterly exhausted, you collapsed onto your futon as soon as you made it through your door. You welcomed sleep with open arms, hoping your overworked muscles wouldn't ache so much when you woke up.

Hours later, your brother barging into your room screaming at you to get up disturbed your sleep.

"Onee-san! Onee-san, wake up! Your kasugai crow is going crazy!"

You lifted your head up. Akihiro was standing on his head. "What is he doing, Hoshi?"

"He won't stop hitting me with his beak and wings! It hurts, Onee-san! He won't stop talking about the Hashira, either!" He pleaded.

You stood up, going to grab your skirt for your uniform. "Akihiro. Tell me what's happening."

Hoshi calmed down. "You slept in your uniform, Onee-san? How late were you out last night?"

"Caw! A Hashira meeting today! You are expected to arrive early!" The crow didn't let you finish.

"Hoshi, could you let me change? I need to get ready."

Hoshi shrieked and ran out of the room. "A Hashira! Otou-san! Otou-san!"

It was probably for the best that he was going to tell your father.

Probably should've done that last night.

Slipping on your skirt and pulling socks on that ended at your upper shin, you were almost ready to go. You smoothed out your haori and decided to keep it on. Grabbing your nichirin sword, you closed the door to your room as you exited.

"(Y/n)-chan!" Your mother rushed to your side, engulfing you in a hug. You returned it. "A Pillar! The first in family history!"

"We're proud of you, little one." Your father patted your head.

Letting go, you realized that the bird must've been bothering Hoshi for some time. "Okaa-san, Otou-sama, I have to attend a meeting. I'll be back after, and then we can do all this stuff." You backed away before they could hug you again.