chapter nine | the strays

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

chapter nine | the strays

The rest of dinner was generally quiet. Urokodaki really wasn't much for conversation, but Tanjiro would ask you questions here and there. The trainer did keep his promise of bringing you to a secluded area that you'd be free to train in, and it was exactly what you asked for. It was a big clearing surrounded by trees, but on one side stood a boulder that had a rope tied around it.

Urokodaki explained that this was Tanjiro's 'final test' or something along those lines that mark the boy's send off to a Final Selection. He told you that he'd appreciate if the boulder could remain the way it was and you gave him your word that you wouldn't mess with it.

You mostly practiced a few breathing forms. You thought that since you were there, it might be convenient for Urokodaki to help you perfect your Water Breathing, but you didn't know that he expected you to take Tanjiro and teach him all of the forms. At some point you'd have to tell him that the more difficult forms were where you left that technique behind.

You practiced the simple ones first. The forms that you mastered all those years ago.

You did the first form. A simple slash. The second form. A step up, being the water wheel. These two you had no issue with.

It was the third form that aggravated you. Third Form: Flowing Dance was one that you never had the coordination for, and all the Water Breathing users that you had gone on missions with seemed to avoid it. It'd been so long since you last saw it that you must've looked like a fool even attempting it.

Once more you tried to do the dance, and yet again you tripped up and failed. Out of frustration, you stabbed a tree with your sword and left it there, doing push-ups as a sort of punishment for yourself. You never lost your composure. What was happening was rare.

A foreign, high-pitched voice startled you. "Your movements are right. What's wrong?"

You looked up from the ground, standing up. She sat on a tree branch not to high above you. 

How could I not have noticed her presence?

"Are you overthinking it? You're doing everything correctly." The little girl continued.

She wore a red, flower-patterned yukata and a dark purple haori. A strange kitsune mask adorned with flowers sat on the side of her head.

"The movement is tricky. I could never master Water Breathing." You wearily responded.

A new voice butted in. "Makomo. She's not one of his students. There's no need to instruct her."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 20, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

mukanshin | tomioka giyū x readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें