Chapter 4

At night, in the Osborn mansion, Harry was on the phone, alive from the parade attack.
Harry: (on the phone) Incredible? What do you mean They're incredible? No. All right, wait. Stay there. I'm going to come over. No, I'm gonna come... All right. Fine. Will you call me in the morning? And we'll go and have breakfast and I want to buy you something. Because I want to. It'll make you feel better. Okay. And what do you mean, incredible? All right. I'm sorry. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs... (hangs up) She's all right. She's just a little rattled. Look, Pete, I should have told you about us. But you should know I'm crazy about her. It's just, you know, you never made a move.
Peter: You're right. I didn't.
Harry: I'm gonna get some rest.
Peter: I'm gonna stay up for a while.
Harry: What was that thing?
Peter: I don't know. Whatever it is, somebody has to stop it.
Daniel Tiger: Yeah If he showed up again Super Daniel Tiger Super Lion and Spider-Man are ready for him

The next morning, Norman was having a drink by himself when he heard evil laughter. It sounded akin to that of the green man's.
Norman: Somebody there?
Voice: Somebody.
Norman: Who said that?
Voice: Don't play the innocent with me. You've known all along.
Norman: Where are you?
Voice: Follow the cold shiver running down your spine. (Norman looks at some masks) I'm right here.
Norman: I don't understand.
He saw himself in the mirror, but the reflection had a dark, crazy look.
Mirror Norman: Did you think it was coincidence? So many good things, all happening for you. All for you, Norman.
Norman: What do you want?
Mirror Norman: To say what you won't. To do what you can't. To remove those in your way.
Norman looked at the Daily Bugle issue. It read "OSCORP Board Murdered."
Norman: The board members. You killed them.
Mirror Norman: We killed them.
Norman: We?
Mirror Norman: Remember? Your little accident in the laboratory.
Norman: The performance enhancers.
Mirror Norman: Bingo. Me! Your greatest creation. Bringing you what you've always wanted: Power beyond your wildest dreams. And it's only the beginning. There's only one who can stop us. Or imagine if they joined us. (chuckles evilly)
At the Daily Bugle...
J. Jonah Jameson: Spiderman. And the Green Goblin. The Green Goblin. You like that? Made it up myself. These weirdo's all gotta have a name now.
Peter: Mr. Jameson, Spider-Man...
J. Jonah Jameson: Hoffman!
Hoffman: Yeah?
J. Jonah Jameson: Call the patent office, copyright the name Green Goblin, I want a quarter every time somebody says it.
Hoffman: How about "Green Meanie"?
Peter: Spiderman wasn't attacking the city, he was trying to save it. That's slander.
J. Jonah Jameson: It is not. I resent that. Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.
Peter: You don't trust anybody, that's your problem.
J. Jonah Jameson: I trust my barber. What are you, his lawyer? Get out of here! Let him sue. Get rich like a normal person. That's what made this country...
Suddenly, the Green Goblin burst into the building.
Green Goblin: (grabs him by the throat) Jameson, you slime! Who's the photographer who takes the pictures of Spiderman?
J. Jonah Jameson: I don't know who he is. His stuff comes in the mail.
Green Goblin: You're lying!
J. Jonah Jameson: I swear.
Green Goblin: He's the one who can bring me to him.
J. Jonah Jameson: I don't know who he is.
Green Goblin: You are useless.
As he was about to beat up the man, Spider-Man and the gang showed up hanging from behind.
Spider-Man: Set him down, tough guy.
Super Daniel Tiger: Yeah, you have no right to beat up a well-known man
Super Lion Cub: Yeah, you have no right to beat up a well-known man So you better obey right now.
Green Goblin: Speak of the devil. (drops J. Jonah Jameson)
J. Jonah Jameson: Spider-Man! Super Daniel Tiger?!, And Super Lion Cub?! I knew you guys were in this together. (Spider-Man webs his mouth shut)
Super Daniel Tiger: You'll have to excuse us, Mr. Jameson. They're having a conservation right now.
Green Goblin: Sleep.
He unleashes sleeping gas on our heroes, putting them unconscious. The Goblin caught them as they were falling down and took them to the top of a building.
Green Goblin: Wake up, little spider. Wake up. No, you're all not dead yet. Just paralyzed... temporarily. You're and friends an amazing creature, Spider-Man. You and I are not so different.
Super Daniel Tiger: We're not like you. You're a murderer.
Green Goblin: Well, to each his own. I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero... is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for
them, eventually, they will hate you. Why bother?