Chapter 1 - can't sleep

One week after John B, Sarah Cameron, JJ, Pope, Kie and Cleo stranded on a deserted island :

Kiara POV
I couldn't sleep so I walked around at the beach. The sky was full of stars and I looked up. I had to think about my parents, it's been one week and I bet they've reported me missing. The first thing they're gonna do is send me off to boarding school if we ever get off this island and back to the obx. I didn't even wanna think about that but when I can't sleep my mind just wanders off sometimes. After a while I got back to the huts and saw a silhouette still sitting at the campfire, the flames were really low. I got closer and when I saw it was JJ who was staring into the flames I sat down beside him. „ You can't sleep too ?" I asked him and he nodded, stroking his hair. He was looking kinda sad, so I put my arm around his shoulder „ What's going on J ?" He shook his head and looked at me „ I keep having these nightmares of my father chasing me around the island and i can't fucking close my eyes without seeing it in my mind." I sighed, his father Luke took of in a boat and JJ even helped him, till now i can't fully understand why. „ Nightmares suck...You know what we should do ?" He looked at me „ What ?" „ We should go down to the caves we explored yesterday and scream the shit out of our lungs." „ Kie, i think that's the best idea i've ever heard from you." he grinned and I slapped him on his neck before we stood up. We made our way away from the huts into the forest and further in we got to the caves. He held my hand when we entered them. We walked further into the caves, it was really dark but I wasn't scared because JJ was there with me. At one point we stopped and JJ started screaming. I trembled while standing beside him. „ Fuck you Luke ! Fuck you ! You fucking asshole ! You ruined everything !" He took a breath and I felt his hand on mine „ Your turn Kie..." I started off „ Fuck you Mom ! Fuck you Dad ! You will never understand me !" I was done and got closer to JJ who whispered „ You also had a good fucking feeling while doing that ?" I answered „ Yeah I kinda feel relieved now.." „ Let's go back !" He took my hand and guided me outside. It was getting darker outside and I was lucky that JJ's orientation was so good at night because I would've gotten lost on the way back to the huts. When I made my way to my hut where I was sleeping with Cleo , JJ called after me „ Kie...you wanna stay with me ?" I turned around and said yes, Cleo was a loud dreamer. In the hut JJ let me stay on the inner side while he was sleeping on the other side near the door. I had my bikini and some shorts on, I wouldn't change anyway. I lied down on the sand and closed my eyes. JJ lied down beside me and whispered „ Good night Kie.." „ Good night.." I tried to only concentrate on the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.

Next Morning

JJ POV
I woke up when the sun shone into the door, which was poorly built and only half closed. I felt a hand on my chest and looked down and then beside me. Kie was sleeping and I let her arm rest on my chest. What we did last night rolled into my memory and I had to grin. I made it to this morning without nightmares after our little expedition to the caves. She looked so beautiful and peaceful while sleeping so I didn't move an inch to wake her up. After a while I heard her mumble „ Good morning J.." and I turned my head to her. She slowly opened her eyes and when she saw her arm across my chest she removed it and rubbed her eyes. „ You slept well ?" she asked and I nodded „ Better than ever before..." That made her smile and she sat up. „ Wait...it's Thursday so we are on breakfast duty.." I sighed at her remark „ Pope and his fucking plan it drives me insane, i don't exist to follow plans.." Kie rolled her eyes „ I know I know but you know we're Pogues, we gotta do what we gotta do for all of us..." „ Yeah.." I stood up and together we climbed out of the hut and got to searching some breakfast. We mostly ate fish or berries from the forest, we even found some exotic stuff mango like fruit one day. We found four fruits and washed them in the ocean, before Kie cut them into pieces with Cleo's hallowed knife. That girl was mad when we first asked her to use that knife, she was hella possesive about that. I mean I get it it's her defense like my gun, which I stupidly left at the Chateau in the OBX. We were both so hungry that we didn't wait for the rest but split a fruit while sitting on the beach looking out at the ocean. „ I need to surf some waves today man, I mean look at them they're beautiful today..." Kie nodded and took another bite „ If only we had real surfboards and not the wacky wooden ones.." I agreed, the wooden boards we made ourselves were no comparison to the surfboards we used to have even though they also were crappy. „ Good morning !" John B was in a good mood when he joined us and took a fruit before sitting next to me. „ What are you smiling about ?" He just looked at me while eating and I knew what he was thinking about, he was definitely getting some. Kie beside me sighed and continued eating without dropping a comment. „ So is Sarah too tired ?" John B slapped my shoulder and laughed „ You're just jealous my man.." „ If this is gonna be that kind of talk I can just leave.." Kie said and we both denied hastily, she didn't move. „ So what you thinking JJ, let's hit the waves ?" „ Oh we will murder the waves John B !"