Chapter 7 - laying low

JJ POV
Cleo managed to repair the boat in two days. We were all stunned and Pope had to admit that she was an amazing mechanic. It's the first time I saw them being all sappy together in front of us and I felt happy for both of them. In the first hours of the morning, it was still dark outside, we started the motor got on the boat and slowly drove off the island. It was cold out on the ocean and I did my best to warm my girl who was shivering inside my arms. I rubbed her arms and pressed her closer to me. After two hours or so we spotted a fisher boat a few miles ahead of us. „ Yo ! There's a fisherboat !" Pope shouted and pointed in its direction. John B steered that way and I commented „ Fishermen are weird people are you positive they're just gonna help us ?"
„ They have to JJ, there's no other way." John B shrugged his shoulders. „ I'm just saying we don't wanna end up on the other side of a harpune." Cameron shivered in disgust „ Do you always have to be this graphic ?" I nodded my head „ Just trying to be realistic here comrades." „ J stop scaring Sarah please." Kie pleaded and so I stopped. When we reached the fisherboat we started to wave and shout help and looky there an old ass dirty old man saw us from up there and told his crew to help us onto the boat. It was all good until Pope noticed something unusual about the flag of the fisherboat waving in the wind. „ They're smugglers, pirates just criminals, we gotta be careful people." We all nodded and I held Kie close to me. The crew eyed us as we stood before them, washed up and a little stinky.
„ What are y'all kids doing out there ?" The ugliest looking one asked and John B stepped forward. „ We were on the run and stranded on an island a few miles west from here." „ Okay, we're headed to the ports of miami but we can't take y'all there." He pointed to all of us and I proposed „ Drop us off on the next civilized island?" He nodded slowly before he started to smile and flashed his yellow teeth „ So y'all are these delinquents, the ones everyones searching up and down the coast ?" Kie tensed up inside my arms, Cameron threw a scared look at John B and Cleo stepped forward, playing around with her knife. „ No man, as we said we on the run, we got enemies from the ol' bayou and had to flee." „ Oh you're an island gyal ?" The old man creepily smiled at her checking her out and Pope stood before her all flared up. „ Stop looking at her ! Like she said we're on the run from criminals down in the bahamas and we just need you to drop us off in civilized land !" „ Okay, okay will do ! But y'all better steal nothing from this boat and remain silent, we hate noise here !" We nodded and he finally got away walking up to the captains cabin. „ Ew this dude was disgusting." Kie exclaimed, we all agreed. „ Dirty old fucker !" Cleo whispered angrily and continued playing with her knife. „ So, we stay together alright ? No one wanders off and JJ no stupid actions !" John B commanded and I sighed „ Y'all are so boring." „ You better listen to John B." Kie said and turned around to look at me with her concerned look I didn't like. „ Yeah yeah I promise baby." I said fast and she kept looking at me.

Kiara POV
The vibe on this fisher or smuggler boat was mad weird and I'm glad we were all still together. We sat down on the ground and I leaned against JJ's warm body. The sun started to come up and while watching the sunset I forgot my worries. " So what's the plan when we reach land again ? Anyone ?" Pope was looking around and nobody seemed to answer. John B shrugged his shoulders and said " I mean we're still on the run and we definitely have a bounty on our head so we should lay low for a while.."
" I'm tired of this hiding man I want action again.." JJ added and I rolled my eyes, we were all tired but couldn't do anything about it. "I think we should lay low too it's the only thing we can do..." Sarah Cameron sighed and leaned against her boyfriend. " Yeah man, lay low and figure out a plan, moving in silence." Cleo was looking at the ocean while talking and Pope agreed while putting his arm around her. " I agree." I said and felt JJ playing with my hair. " Alright...Let's do that but we have to move at some point my children.." JJ started to braid my hair and I had to smile. He managed to braid the front part of my hair into two little cute braids and everyone was impressed. " Where did you learn that J ?" John B asked and he shrugged his shoulder. " Guess I'm a natural..." " I would never let you touch my hair." Cleo warned Pope and the rest of us laughed. " I wish you could braid but I guess you have other talents and I have to accept that.." Sarah Cameron added making a comical sad face before putting a kiss on John B's nose. " What we learned today is that I scored and you all are losers.." I was in a cocky mood turned around and french kissed JJ who for once was caught completely off guard. He doubled grinning at me " Yeah I won...damn did I win..." We kissed again but got interrupted by the fisherman. " Hate to interrupt your orgy but we reaching land in 5 minutes if I see that anything is stolen y'all are dead understand ?" We nodded and saw a stripe of land before us. After nearly two months on an abandoned islamd we were completely stunned. Before we left the boat John B stretched his hand out while holding Sarah's " Pogue for life ?" Everyone stretched their hand over his " Pogue for life !" " Hell yeah Baby !" JJ shouted and we got off the boat while being watched by the ugly fisherman for the last time.