Chapter 19 - after hours

JJ POV
We reached the island in the middle of the night and Kie was still avoiding me. I tried talking to her on the boat but she wouldn't listen unless I would apologize. John B threw me a beer and Pope was starting a fire while I was watching Kie cracking jokes with Sarah Cameron. Her smile did something to my heart and I started to realize that it was my move to clear this up right now. I drank the beer in a hurry and asked Kie to come talk to me away from the others. She agreed after exchanging glances with Cameron, sometimes I wished I understood what they were saying in secret. We walked for a while before I started to talk about what was swimming around in my head. " Kie, I'm sorry if I pissed you off...." She crossed her arms looking me right in the eyes " Okay....why did you do it J ?" I took a breath " I needed to do something, I can't just let Rafe walk all over me all the time and it was him who started this shit !" She sighed " Believe me I hate him but it was you who always continued with these stupid fights !"
I threw my hands around " Yeah, maybe I did ! I have nothing left to lose beside you and that's the reason why I'm trying to stop with this bullshit but sometimes I just think it's so unfair that we're always deep down in shit while the kooks are on a fucking high..." Kie came closer to me and answered " I know, I think it's unfair too but you being fucking reckless and putting us all in danger isn't gonna help you or any of us...I don't wanna bail you out of prison anytime soon JJ, I swear..." She started to put her hands around my waist and I immediately pulled her closer, then I whispered into her ear " We'll go to jail together, baby."

Kie POV
I put my hands around him and when I felt him pulling me closer I was long gone. I was still annoyed at him, but feeling him that close to me made me forgive him a little. He was starting to kiss me slowly and I kissed him back holding it for a long time before we started to pick up the pace. By the time he was putting kisses on my neck and I couldn't hold back a moan I started to pull him towards the forest, far away from the rest of the crew......

;)

The next morning

Kie POV
I woke up and realized that I was laying on J's chest and that in the middle of the forest. I tried to get rid of some leaves tangled into my wavy hair and started to look around me. JJ was sleeping, not noticing that I just woke up. He was laying there with no t-shirt on and while I was checking that out I started to check out what I was wearing. After looking down at myself I saw that I was wearing my bikini top, opened at the back and my jeans hot pants. I started to take a breath, atleast I wasn't laying around naked. I tried to listen to get some sense where the others were and made out some faint laughter and talking somewhere down at the beach. I could hear the comments already in my head when JJ and I would walk out the forest together while looking disheveled. It was a night for the books that's for sure and it reaffirmed that him and I were in this together and that till we die.

For anyone wondering, I'll keep the book PG-13 as good as I can cause I wanna reach as much readers across the demographic as possible. How will the mission unfold ? Will the Pogues succeed for once ? Is JJ's revenge gonna come back to hunt him ?
Stay tuned xx....