Chapter 14 - shutter island pt. 2

JJ POV
I don't know how long I've been trapped but it sure felt like eternity. Rafe's stupid friends were still talking outside and after I trashed my body so hard against the door that I got bruises, I stopped for a while. I did not understand any of this bullshit. Why would kidnapping me help Rafe in some way ? I know we both kinda hated each other but that was just a kook vs. pogue thing. Does he think that I'm gonna do something for him some information ? Did he even have a plan ? The more I thought about it the more I thought that maybe this was just some kind of distraction. Maybe he wanted that Kie, John B and Pope were searching for me so that he and his family could do whatever with Sarah Cameron. Wow, using me as a decoy that shit would cost Rafe. „ I need something to drink !" I was screaming on purpose those dudes should be annoyed. „ Alright..alright, calm down !" The moment they would open this door I would bolt out and run till I couldn't.
I didn't know what they did but they needed like half an hour till they managed to get me something to drink. The door opened, light was falling in and I felt a little more alive again. Really slowly it opened up more and a hand slid a water bottle in. Leaned against the wall beside the door I kicked the bottle out with my foot and put it between the door before they could move it again. Then I tried to open up the door more „ What are you doing ?" I pressed my teeth trying to pull back was way harder than I thought „ What does it look like ?" Somehow I managed it and ran out so fast that they couldn't catch me. It was a storage room, where they kept their sailing equipment. I climbed over the fence and heard them running behind me. Not stopping I continued to run and turned around when I reached the main street to get to the chateau. I was nearly out of breath when I passed the wreck and then someone stopped me. Kie's dad was standing in front of me and I was overwhelmed. „ Where is my daughter ?" He looked at me, mustered me from the top to the bottom. „ Sir, I'm kinda in a hurry and I'm sorry I don't know where she is right now.." It was the truth, I mean I wished I knew where she and the others were. He stepped closer to me „ Boy if you're lying this will not be pleasant." I could feel his breath and I shook my head „ It's the truth I swear and I really gotta go now so-„ „ JJ? Dad ?" Her voice out of nowhere startled me and I turned around to see her walking towards us. When she spotted me she started to smile as did I and she fell into my arms. God was I happy to see her. „ What is this ?" We separated, I held onto Kie's hand and her Dad pointed between me and her. „ In my words it would be a relationship.." I said, Kie was biting her lips and nodded. I felt her tense up, this would be hard. „ Is this true, Kiara ?" Her mom joined the conversation and I started to feel uneasy. Also some people from the streets started to look at us. „ Yes." I was still holding her hand and felt like I had something to add „ Mr. Carrera, Ms. Carrera, I respect you and I understand that this is a little surprising, but I have loved your daughter for a really long time and all I ever want is for her to be happy...that's all." I felt her squeeze my hand and had to hold myself back to not kiss her. „ That is not even-„ Her mom was interrupting her dad „ I do believe you JJ, I do and we also want our daughter to be happy but we have a responsibility as parents and this relationship doesn't seem really sustainable." Mom, i love him ! That's all that matters !" Hearing her say that in front of her parents knowing they didn't fully support this did something to me. Still I also didn't want to be on the route to destroy her life. She atleast had parents who at some point care even though in a different way. „ I don't wanna hear anymore of this !" Her father fired a last glance at me and left, going back to the restaurant. Her mother unsure of what to do sighed „ Honey, would you atleast come inside and congratulate him ?" Jesus the birthday, I forgot. She turned to me nearly whispering „ J I know this is stupid and I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to do this.." „ Hey, it's fine babe, go, I'll wait at the chateau.." „ I love you." She whispered into my ear and I put a kiss on her forehead before I let her go. After Kie left her mother touched my shoulder „ I always saw how much you cared for each other." She just said that and looked at me before following her daughter. I felt conflicted and confused and guilty and didn't even know how to deal with all of this. I decided to head back to the chateau as promised, my mind turning into every direction.

Kiara POV

After I congratulated Dad he pulled me to the side into the back entrance of the restaurant kitchen. " You know that he is trouble, right ?" I answered " He's my boyfriend, there's nothing you can do about it." He saw how i folded my arms and put the kitchen towel draped over his shoulder down " I know Kiara, I know but I don't want to see you getting hurt." " It won't happen, it just won't Dad." I was backing away and saw that my Mum was waving her hands at me. The lights went out and I knew they were gonna bring out the birthday cake. Sure I felt bad about upsetting Dad on his own birthday but still it was my life and my decision and they did not knew what JJ and I had. It wasn't some naive crush or a hook up it was the only thing i ever felt that made me feel whole. Since the first time I met J, I knew and I bet he knew too. Over the years we got to be friends, really good friends and I became the person that he would tell everything to. He had a hard time opening up which was totally understandable but over time a trust built between us that was unspoken. I talked to him, he talked to me. Otherwise he was just a funny guy who would go berzerk every little while and even that reckless side somehow had a reason. I knew when he was lying or pulling away doing some crazy shit to distract from the shitty homelife he had. I absolutely hated how he treated girls, mostly tourists at partys and one night two years ago or so I completely cussed him out. He was falling apart in front of me and I noticed that he took my words seriously. Ever since that kiss, when we all thought we would never see the obx again, I never once wanted to be apart from him again. I thought all that while walking back to the chateau, it was nearly midnight, I stayed at the restaurant till all of dad's employees were drunk and he and Mum started to dance, completely in their own worlds.

To be continued.....Thought while a lot of action is happening around them, I needed to write more about their inner feelings. Don't worry the next part will reveal if Sarah Cameron is safe, what Rafe is up to, and what the next mission of the pogues will be. I love y'all thank you for your support. ENJOY ! (;