1: Friends in sandy places

AN: short chapter. I think I'm going to be writing shorter chapters with more frequency than long chapters twice a month.

---------

Being human after years spent as a mindless Titan was weird. Of course Y/N was happy--being a Titan had been like a never-ending nightmare--but it was still weird. It was amplified by the fact that he knew he had to have eaten a Titan Shifter in order for that nightmare to end. So now he was shifter, although he had no real clue as to which Titan he held.

Y/N put his hands on his head as he tried to recollect any clues as to who he had eaten, but nothing came out. The last thing he remembered was kneeling on top of a giant wall, with no fingers and only an ear, watching as prisoners were injected with a purple serum and thrown off the wall. The boy lifted his right hand and was met with five fingers and no scars to match the horrors spent in the prison/ship. It just served as further evidence that he had, in fact, turned into a Titan shifter.

It was already night, as the dark sky referenced. Spending a night alone in Paradis was something that never crossed Y/N's plans. His life was supposed to be easy and straightforward. He would become a Warrior and save his family from shame. Then, after spending some time in useless wars, he would join a Major League Baseball Team as the first Eldian in history to play a professional sport. His calcifications in Warrior Candidate Training were exceptional, and Magath had even hinted at him inheriting a powerful Titan.

But then, one day when he had been going back to Liberio after training, a woman was murdered right in front of him. Y/n tried to stop the murder, but before he could do anything, the murderer grabbed him by the hand and dragged him to the public, accusing him of committing the assassination. An Eldian, a Devil's Spawn, was such an easy person to blame, so nobody questioned the man's claim.

After being beaten by Marleyan citizens, the police dragged him to Liberio. There, in front of his whole family and friends, his crimes were announced. Nobody believed him to be the actual delinquent, but nobody spoke up in fear of the repercussions. Y/N, the golden boy of Liberio, the boy who had risen to be an honorable potential Honorary Marleyan despite his parents actions, was accused of killing an innocent woman.

There was no time to bid goodbye. As soon as his crimes were announced, the military dragged him away from the internment zone and into a prison. The last thing he saw in Liberio was his grandparents hugging each other with tears in their eyes, and his little sister's confused face as to what was happening.

Y/N would be lying if he said that the lack of support from his friends didn't hurt. Yes, he knew that they would be hurt or imprisoned if they dared defy the wonderful Marleyan Government, but it still hurt. His friend Zeke just stood there with a surprised look, but didn't dare to do anything about the unjust decision. Mr. and Mrs. Hoover, whose son Bertholdt he had babysat a couple of times, just stood there with a sad look. Mrs. William, Mr. Goldstein, the Strober family, nobody stood up for him in his time of need.

Years must've passed since the incident which had ended his life. Some of those people, like Mr. Hoover, must've been dead from sickness. Others may have still been living a mediocre life I the internment zone. The kids that ran around Liberio might've been warriors, or they might have suffered a fate similar to his.

And his baby sister, Elena, would've been a Warrior Candidate. He could only hope that she was happy, wherever she was. That little ball of sunshine who whined too much for her own good would be a young woman by now.

Walking in a desolated and unknown land, which was without a doubt filled with Titans, was not something that Y/N wanted to do. But he didn't have another option, only to walk wherever his feet dragged him off to. Thankfully the day had ended and the moon reigned, meaning that there should've been no Titans in a position to eat him. And another plus side, the temperature dropped with the absence of the sun.