9: Lost ring

AN:  Ok so I'm going to be honest, I am skipping ahead all the Trost arc. Why? It was literally like ten episodes of the same thing over and over. I liked watching it, but reading it/writing it in fanfiction is dreadful in my opinion. So let's assume that everything happened just as it did in the series/manga, ergo I don't need to write ten episodes worth of information. Maybe I'm lazy, so sorry about that, but I really can't bring myself to do it. 

-----------------

Eren Jaeger being a Titan shifter was not on my 850 bingo card. If anyone should've been a shifter, it should've been Sasha. With her appetite, I don't see her eating humans as too far off. But Eren, the boy who wanted to exterminate Titans from the world, being a Titan was just plain cruel/funny. 

I tell you Elena, you will never understand how shook I was when I found out. If I had to bet, my money would be that he has the Attack Titan and not the Founder...but I won't bet. I am confident in what I think, but somehow I keep losing every bet I make. Like, I even lost a bet on who would finish dinner first one day. I put all my money on Sasha, but that was the only day during our entire training where she had a stomachache and didn't eat her food. I got broke because of her devil stomach. 

Anyways, the military made up some bullshit that he was part of some Titan experimentation. I know that is not true, and so do the warriors and Ymir, but the rest of the people here fully believe that. Well, not all of them to be honest. Others say he's a traitor, a devil who is here to exterminate what remains of humanity. It's ironic really, considering they're Eldians from Paradis.

I have to admit though, after living amongst the devils for five years, I'm unsure about their true nature. They are people just like you, me, and everyone in Liberio. They don't remember anything about the outside world or what their ancestors did to Marley. Their only concern is surviving in a world ridden with Titans. 

I'm still going to complete the mission my predecessor had to do, simply because I miss you and our grandparents. There is no freedom for me or anyone born in these circumstances. No freedom in the walls, no freedom back in Liberio. It's useless to mull over these topics when our life is as short as it is. Just charge straight ahead and complete the mission, no matter how many people I end up hurting. 

Marco, one of my comrades here in Paradis, died because of the Titans. His head was half bitten off. He was a nice guy, smart too, and I don't really think he deserved to die like that regardless if he was an island demon. He won't be the last casualty, I know that for a fact, but it really shocked me to see someone who I had asked for favors multiple times die such a gruesome way. 

Oh, and I saw dad, at least his Titan form. He's dead now, but it was surreal watching him eat one of my comrades, someone I had promised to protect. I just hope he doesn't resent me for freezing in the moment. I mean, it was dad's Titan form. But something weird is that he listened to me when I yelled at him. I don't know if he understood me, if he recognized me, or if it was just plain luck, but he didn't eat me for some reason. Now all that's left of our parents is mom's Titan form (if nobody has slain it).

Now with Eren being in army custody, I believe that he will be given to the Survey Corps. That means that they'll try to plug Wall Maria and use Eren as a weapon...not different to what Marley does with the Warriors, but if they keep Eren, it might mean that I will never return home, to you. My mind, however, is set on the Military Police. I'll just have to see and work with Ymir to capture Eren and get out of this cage.