12: Shifter Titan

AN: Guess who updated this story when finals are this week! I needed to procrastinate, so that's what this chapter is. Ok so cannon divergence starts here, but it's not a loooot. A hint about Y/N, there's a reason why I chose for him to take the form he did. Really vague hint, but it'll make sense in the future. 

I hate to be this person, but pls comment if you can. I want to hear feedback about what's working and what isn't. Thank you so much, and I hope you guys like the chapter!

-------------------

"So what does your Titan even look like?" Ymir asked Y/N as they sat together in their warehouse. It had been a couple of months since they met each other and consequently started living together. For that time, everything had been going fairly well under the circumstances. Yes, a lot of people died by the hands of Titans, but at least him and Ymir were human again. 

The orange-haired boy shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. My body was that of the Cart Titan when we came to the wall, but that other day I turned into the Attack Titan or some shit. It doesn't make sense."

"Hmm. Let's see. If my knowledge serves me well, there's Nine Titan powers available. The Founding, the Armor which broke the gate, the Colossal who also broke the wall, the Female Titan, the Cart Titan, the Jaws which I have, the Beast, the Warhammer which is in possession of the Tyburs, and the Attack Titan. Maybe you have the Attack Titan."

"Unlikely." Y/N shook his head. "First of all, the Attack Titan hasn't been in possession of Marley since a long time ago, and I ate a Warrior. Also, I literally turned into the Cart."

"Then which Titan do you have?" Ymir inquired in genuine curiosity. 

Y/N laid on his back and put his hands on his stomach. "The knowledge of the Titans has changed since you were last human. Marley was able to apprehend a tenth Titan power, a Titan that was left in the shadows of history for some reason. Anyways, the information about this Titan is left mostly for military official and Warriors, so I didn't get to learn much about it."

The brunette took a bite out of her bread and ate with the food still on her mouth. "So what you're saying is that you have this Titan."

"That's my bet."

"Well gee, what great help this has been. We're back at the beginning where we don't know what your Titan looks like or what it is."

"I'll try to get some memories and see if I can see what the fuck my Titan is, ok?"

Ymir rolled her eyes. "Don't bother. It's not like we can use our powers here anyways."

Y/N opened his eyes, an eye booger stuck on the corner making it evident that the soldier had a deep sleep. The day before had been full of work for some reason, as he had to guard some important merchant as he passed from Stohess to Mitras. Then, once in the Capital, a member of the Special Operations Squad interviewed him for the potential opening position for which he had been recommended. 

It was a weird interview. The woman, who had blonde hair and an eternal sad look on her face, took him down to a bar and made him drink more than what was acceptable for an interview. Caven, the orange-haired MP recalled, asked him plenty of questions about his outlook in life. And apparently he had answered every question correctly. 

He was honest during the interview. When Caven asked him if he thought there was any meaning to their lives, Y/N replied with a "I live a meaningless life in a meaningless world, it's not even worth thinking about a meaning to everything". It was exactly what she wanted to hear.