First Surgery Update

Hi.

In case you weren't aware, my first surgery was today.

Warnings: hospital type stuff, doctors, surgery, needles, blood, anxiety, panic/anxiety attacks, and more stuff is talked about in here

I was up at 5:15 getting ready.

I didn't fall asleep till like 1 to 1:30 out of nerves and pain, so that sucks.

We got to the place at 6:43 and called in.

They let us in, we did paperwork.

After paperwork, we waited in the waiting room.

You know, standard medical stuff.

Then, we went to the back.

We did stuff, tests, and more paperwork lol.

(They had me do a pregnancy test, which is weird. I was slightly disgusted, which made the nurse and my mom laugh. The nurse told us a story about a little girl who was disgusted about taking all of her clothes off except underwear and putting on the cover thingy lol, which was funny and helped ease my nerves a bit.)

After that (we laughed a good bit with that nurse lol), we went to the back and my anxiety started acting up again.

I was already really anxious and I had to take my necklace off, so I couldn't fidget.

I regret not bringing my fidget cube and I'll make sure to do that next time lol.

I had to change and keep a mask on and met everyone who'd be helping with my surgery.

There were a lot of people.

(Yes, I am fully aware that I sound like a 9-10 year old describing this lol. I'm still drowsy from anesthesia, leave me alone lol.)

I met up with my doctor, who explained how showering would work (just what I have to do to keep my ear dry) and some other stuff.

My nurses explained stuff.

I met the anesthesiologist.

One thing that happened was that one of the nurses asked if I wanted to do the iv where I was at the time or in the OR (operating room).

I didn't realize I had to have a iv, and they must've noticed the panic look that crossed my face because they stopped themself and changed the subject, deciding we'd talk it over with the anesthesiologist.

With the option of now being able to do anesthesia through a iv, which is easier, I talked it over with my mom and then anesthesiologist.

They pointed out that I was less likely to throw up, because I had thrown up for most of my surgeries before, so we chose that, even though I hate iv's and needles.

They put a little patch behind my left ear (the one the surgery wasn't on) which will stay on for about 5 to 7 days and will give me medicine to help the ear heal.

Don't know how that works, but to be fair, I don't know how a lot of things work.

(Btw, the surgery rooms and recovery and before and such just look anxiety provoking. Like come on, please get some color, you're stressing me out more.)

I had a few close calls that would've lead to a panic/anxiety attack, but my mom helped.

And guess what!

More paperwork!!

Then, it was time to go to the OR.

(Eek.)