[1.1] out of the comfort zone

Blonde hair crowded my vision as I was kicked back onto the mat, I huffed when I hit the ground and blew my hair out of my face. I should've tied it up when I had the chance. I leaped to my feet and dodged another attack from my opponent, before she could wind up again I dropped to the ground and kicked her legs out from under her. She coughed, trying to regain breath because landing on her back had caused her to  lose it all. I took this brief break in the fight to tie my hair up with my wristband.

    My freshly braided strand of hair slipped out from the ponytail and I felt a bit of pride swell up in me. I was a Padawan now, and today was the day I'd meet my Master. After I won this fight.

I ducked as her hand flew over my head, I gripped her arm and used her momentum to toss her over my shoulder and onto her back on the mat in front of me for the second time today.

    She coughed and rolled onto her hands and knees, waving her hand up in surrender. She breathed heavily as she spoke, "I'm done, that was a damn good throw."

    I was breathing heavily through my mouth as well and nodded, although she couldn't see, before I bent down and offered her my hand. She glanced at it for a second and I saw the internal debate on wether or not she'd use this to try and continue the fight before she decided against it and gripped my hand tightly so I could help her up.

    From the sidelines our friends, Barriss Offee and Liam Calloway, clapped over-eagerly. We walked up to them together and I bowed mockingly. When I was upright again my opponent, Ahsoka Tano, shoved me teasingly. "Oh buzz off with that, V. You got lucky."

    I laughed as Liam passed me a much needed drink, I was still practically hyperventilating from the fight. I gulped it down eagerly, and sent him a grateful nod. He grinned and mouthed a quick 'no problem' as Ahsoka finished off her own glass. I caught a glimpse of her silka beads and saw that they'd had a very wonderful addition. Ahsoka had earned her Padawan status.

    "Looks like our competition still continues." I gestured to her head-dress and back to my own hair as I drew the connection, she smiled proudly.

    "I guess so, I'm headed out today." She beamed over at me and I took the towel from the bench against the wall and wiped my neck off. What a coincidence.

    "I'm also headed out today." I turned around and met her surprised eyes, my expression probably mirrored her own.

    Liam snickered, "What if you have to share a Master?"

    Barriss laughed as well, "Are you kidding? They'd kill each other within a week, tops."

    We all chuckled at that.

    I tossed Ahsoka the towel when I was done and she began to wipe her sweat, "Who's your Master?"

    I took my lightsaber from Liam as I rejoined the circle, clipping it onto my belt. "Obi-Wan Kenobi. He trained The Chosen One."

    I couldn't help but brag a little. I had to be doing something right to be trained by the same Master who trained The Chosen One, the 'bringer of balance'.

    Ahsoka nodded, a small grin made it's way onto her face and there was a beat of silence as she finished wiping off her sweat and was clipping her own lightsaber on her belt, "I've got Anakin Skywalker."

    Her smug expression was unmatched, my jaw dropped. "Holy shit."

    The other two let out sounds of approval as well. I mean I had the Chosen One's Master, not the Chosen One himself. I was happy for Ahsoka, she deserved a good teacher, and I felt extremely humbled. "That's one way to keep the pride in check."